Recording type removed along with Image support. Video only now?

I’ve got this same issue. I have several cameras, all with CPL, but some of them are only recording thumbnails and some are recording videos.

Also, for the ones that only record thumbnails, I can’t enable Person Detection. It says, “Recording Type most be set to Video before you can enable Person Detection.” The cameras that are recording videos don’t show this error.

It looks like there’s some internal setting that is telling some of my cameras to record thumbnails, but I can’t access the setting since there’s no “Recording Type” option anymore.

1 Like

@Why - are these V2 cams? The ones that are recording Thumbnails despite CPL?

Yes, they’re V2 cams. The ones that are recording videos are V2 cams as well. There are also some Pan cameras in the mix, but I think they’re working properly.

@Why I had this same issue and I got on with chat and that’s an issue from when the changes happened. Since I couldn’t manually change the recording type anymore, they had to cancel my subscription from Cam Plus Lite and then resubscribe me. I then had to re-add my cameras. Apparently any cameras you want to do a video recording (12 seconds) with person notification has to be added back to CPL and anything you want to do images should not be added back. I’m guessing your fix is going to be to cancel your CPL subscription, subscribe again, and then add only the cameras you want to record 12 second video to CPL

1 Like

Thanks @tacomaguy20. That fixed it. I got on a chat session last night with support and she was able to remove my CPL subscriptions from my three cameras. After reapplying the CPL to the cameras (more on that to follow), I am now getting person/sound detection and the 12-second video clips in my event notifications. Helloooo Wyze. Are you listening? Grad this info and add to your knowledge base.

After the support agent removed my CPL licenses, I asked her for the process to add CPL to the cameras as it was not intuitive. The process she gave me was not accurate. So here goes;

1. You need to go to your pc and login to your account via a browser. There you can opt in to the “pay your price” CPL offer. $0 does work, but it seems to need a few clicks and some patience (almost by design, hmm?).
  2. Now you need to go to the Wyze app on your phone and add your cameras back to CPL. I think that was in Account>Services.

But all good now. Thanks again all.

3 Likes

You can remove you subscription for CPL also from the same web site by signing into you account. There is no way to delete just one cam, it the entire subscription or nothing. I’ve done it twice.

4 Likes