Recording to my own cloud server/IP?

I want to set up my own cloud server/IP address for recording my video and events. When will this become possible, if ever?

I find the idea that my recordings are going somewhere, to someone else, beyond my control, to be a breach of my personal security.

Thanx and 73’

Tuna

5 Likes

You should hop over to and vote for the topics below. (You must click the VOTE button at the top for your vote to count.)

2 Likes

Thank you, yes, ideally, if the camera recorded to BOTH µ-SD card and personal cloud server/IP assignment, either individually, or simultaneously, that would be the bomb!

As I said, we’ll buy more Wyze Cams so you can pay people to implement these features hopefully in the near future.

2 million + dollars in sales is not a bad start!

Thanks and 73’

Tuna

3 Likes

Thank you Rick,
I’ll take a peek at those topics

Thanx and 73’

Tuna

1 Like

I am very interested in being able to record to a custom network location/IP. I specifically want the ability to set my own target IP address for the files to be sent to. I also would like the ability to automate these uploads to occur when triggered by Events (as part of Rules) or on a timed schedule.

Thanks for your work, I am enjoying my camera so far.

This Wishlist item may also interest you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think using One Drive, Google Drive, etc. is the perfect solution. Everybody who has a phone already has one of these accounts and setup should be a breeze… Hell!! I’ll even help you write the code for free if you want!! :slight_smile:

Great product. Thanks!

I believe if we knew how the wyze cameras would connect through our home networks to the qyze clud, we should be able to repoint to our own WD mycloud. I know rtsp will be the protocol and port 554 is normally used. So if we can reroute port 554 traffic that should work. Maybe make a server? Or real router?

2 Likes