Recording Length

I just hooked up my Wyze v2 today
I am using it in my shop/store.
I had a customer come in for 3-5 minutes.
When I looked at the recording it was only 20 seconds
Wouldn’t it record as long as there’s movement?
Is there a way to adjust this??
Thanks

If you are talking about the Event Recording to the cloud, these clips are 12 seconds long with a 5 minute timeout between them to enable Wyze to provide the cloud space for free.

If you want longer recordings, you will need to install a microSD card in the camera.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwgYwtjSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiOS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMTk3MDYzOTItRXZlbnQtU2V0dGluZ3MtQ2xvdWQGOwdUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIik3ODZjOWQ1Mi0zNDY0LTRiMzYtOTJmNS05ZmMyYWI2NTc5ZTkGOwdGOglyYW5raQc%3D--d75a7c4607c19f8bbe9d1c4204770c8a61c449c5

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwgDMtzSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiWS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMTk5MzE2NTEtTWljcm9TRC1DYXJkLUNvbnRpbnVvdXMtUmVjb3JkaW5nLVBsYXliYWNrLVRpbWVsYXBzZQY7B1Q6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTQ5OTBlMDBlLTFjMGItNGViNi1iOTYyLTNkNmU5MzMwODU5NgY7B0Y6CXJhbmtpCA%3D%3D--d166df22d91b17776cc9a1b855d1e634cfa2509b

You can vote for Wyze to provide a paid cloud service to remove the restrictions here:

If I install a microSD card, how long will it record?

Thanks for the quick response

I believe if you have it set to record on event to the SD card it will record as long as it detects motion. I just looked up the one in my office ( where I am) and it has a 7 min recording until I got up…I don’t think there is an upper limit except what the SD card is capable of holding (which would depend on your recording option of SD or HD) this no time limit would make sense as you do have the option of continuous recording too. hope this helps.

From the link I posted above:

A 32GB microSD card will hold approximately two days of HD video and seven days of SD video.

That is for continuous recording mode. In event only mode, it will save every 1-minute long segment containing motion. It is impossible to say how much would fit on a card because it depends on how much motion occurs.

When the card becomes full, the oldest video is deleted automatically in favor of the new.

1 Like

Darn it @Loki I thought I had a good layman explanation and here you come with empirical information. well played sir, well played.

1 Like

Thanks
That last line was my next question

I have an SD card in mine and the recordings are still just 12 seconds in length. I haven’t found a way to adjust it. I wonder how you got the 7 min recording…

The 12-second cloud stored clips and the SD card storage are separate and independent. They are set up and viewed in different areas of the app.

For the SD card storage, go to the camera settings, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. That is where you set the SD card to record continuously or event-only (1 minute segments).

To view the SD card recordings, don’t tap the Events tab in the app. That is only for the cloud clips. Instead, tap the View Playback button on the live stream view. How you’ll see a timeline under the video frame so you can go back in time. You can also remove the card from the camera and view or download the 1-minute video files on a computer.

Here are some help pages from the Support site:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029811772-Event-Videos

1 Like

I have sd card in the camera but I don’t get more than a few seconds of recording and not in continuous recording. Am I supposed to subscribe?

In the Wyze App go to Advanced Settings and make sure SD card is set to Continuous Recording.

If you want long Cloud Event videos, then you would need to subscribe to Cam Plus.

Hi Steven,
Where do I find the Advanced Setting in the App?

Visit the camera live view page, then click the gear in the upper right. You will see “advanced settings” on the menu.

What camera are you using?