Recording Cooldown & Maximum Video Length options missing

When I go into Settings on my Outdoor Camera and select Event Recording, there’s a Recording Settings section where I can set the Recording Cooldown and Maximum Video Length. On the other hand, when I go into Settings / Event Recording on my v2 Cameras, there isn’t a Recording Settings section at all, so I can’t set the Cooldown or Max Video Length. All 4 cameras are subscribed (and assigned) to Cam Plus! “Annual Plan (Web) - 4 Licenses” expires Mar 22, 2023. Any idea what’s going on here?

Recording Cooldown and Maximum Video Length are not functions of Cam Plus. They are functions of battery-powered cams (Cam Outdoor and Cam Outdoor v2) that allow you to conserve battery power by limiting recording time.

4 Likes

Thanks. So how long are Event recordings on the v2 cameras? Not limited to 12 seconds, so I assume until motion no longer detected?

1 Like

Yes, with Cam Plus, until motion is no longer detected + X seconds. But I believe there is a 5 minute cap. Even then, if motion continues past 5 minutes, you just end up with another event that starts where the previous event ended.

1 Like

New to Wyze cameras (have the outdoor v2) and wondering about the above.
I have Cam Plus. Have noticed the videos end immediately at the end of motion detection.

You mention above “motion no is longer detected + X seconds”.

Is there somewhere to define a setting of what X is? I would like to have about 3-5 extra seconds after motion (sometimes the car just pauses for a few seconds, or a person stops walking)

1 Like

For the Cam Outdoor v1 and v2 regardless of subscription type, “+ X seconds” is 0 or pretty close to it. I’m not sure what Wyze has this value set to, but it is very minimal in order to conserve battery power. Other non-battery powered cams types with Cam Plus have a small pre-event buffer and a substantial post-event buffer. There is no setting to change… the value is fixed. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Hey everyone, I have the new OG it plugs in. I have Cam Plus. I cannot figure out how to extend the video length past 12sec.
Thank you.

Is cam plus assigned to the camera on your account ?