Recorded Sound

I can not hear any sound in the recorded video when playing on the PC. Are these cameras recording sound or not? I opened my app and went to settings-advance settings-Record Sound. It’s on. What else I am missing?

Try a different playback app on the PC? Some apps do not decode the files properly. Suggest you try VLC Media Player (free).

2 Likes

Io I have record sound selected on all 3 cameras that I have but only one records sound. Why?

Have you tried toggling the record sound switch on the 2 that don’t record? Power cycling them?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.

Ive tried everything! But thank you! :v::blush:

How are you viewing the playback from the cameras that “don’t record sound”? Is the sound off mute in playback?

No the sound is on while I’m viewing and I selected to record sound. I have 3 cameras and I have to check the new one I just put up but there’s rarely sound in that area but only one is recording sound. It’s extremely difficult to hear, but I understand this is an ongoing issue for your users. Not to get off track, but I ask so desperate to get usable sound out if these things, I would be willing to add some type of amplifier if it were available…