Recent Update? Camera Rebooting.

Starting yesterday my Wyzecam (only about 1 month old) began constantly rebooting. I keep hearing the clicking sound of the camera and the lights flash so that’s what I assume is happening. It is definitely broken and even manually resetting it causes the female voice to get stuck in an endless fast loop. Not sure if there was a firmware update that cause this perhaps.

I have opened a support ticket hoping I can RMA it but thought I would drop into the community to see if anyone else has had issues.

1 Like

Are you using a third party cable or power supply? Can you try changing both of these (even if not third party) and see if that makes any difference?

No I am not. I suppose I could try the power supply and cable from one of my other Wyze cams.

If that doesn’t help, you can try a factory reset. But likely you will have to wait for the support ticket.

1 Like

I mentioned in my post that I did reset it. I held down the button on the bottom until it made the chime sound and the female voice came on so I assume this was a factory reset. Then the voice got stuck in a broken fast loop without finishing the sentence. “Your camera is now…” “Your camera is now…” “Your camera is now…”.

1 Like

You probably did, but try holding the button down for a full 30 seconds.

I have 3V-2’s and 1 V-1 on the same network. Had kind of this issue before - camera would toggle between day and night vision; it was corrected via software update. This new issue causes one of my V2’s to constantly reboot and happened after recent software upgrade. I have an open ticket, no response yet.

I did receive a response and Wyze agreed to send me a replacement with pre-paid shipping label no questions asked.

I am happy with the support so far, there was definitely something wrong with this camera and it died prematurely.

1 Like

Do you have an SD card in the camera? If so, try removing its and see if the rebooting stops.

the same exact thing is happening to me! How do I do a support ticket?

1 Like

The best way is to use the help section in the app in the Account tab.

Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue

2 Likes

same thing happening to me with a camera I got new and it hasn’t worked right from day one. I have 7 cameras and this one is the only one having the problem. Nothing helps so I submitted a ticket and am now waiting to hear back from Wyze on it. Hoping they do like they did for ehayric and just send me a replacement.

Welcome to the community, @dan.zimmerli. Did you see Loki’s reply just below the comment you replied to? Do you have an SD card in the camera? Did support get back to you, yet?

I don’t and it so far doesn’t matter what firmware version I try. All my other WyzeCams work flawlessly but this one continues to have issues locking up and rebooting.