Receiving notification for camera I don't have 2020-06-04

I share some of your doubts but recent history has shown that not only is it possible but that it has actually occurred, perhaps not at Wyze, although hardware sourced from China are always suspect.

Lots of people “Tell” us things, some true and some false. It’s my practice to look for the ‘proof in the pudding’. Funny though, I used to be a very trusting person… Time and events have changed that I’m sorry to say

Agreed. A statement is overdue. They don’t seem to have a systems status page but there is this:

The service status page has been updated with this information and I made a post in Wyze News about it. Here is a copy so everyone can be in the loop here:

At about 3 AM PST, a change was made to the notification service that impacted some but not all users. Notifications for motion and person detection were sent to incorrect customers for about an hour before this change was reversed. These notifications only included text and had no images. They also did not lead to other customers’ Events or live streams if selected. No photos or videos were compromised during this time.

This was resolved around 4 AM PST but customers saw the notifications later due to the inability to cancel a push notification that has been sent. We apologize for this experience and are looking into why this occurred to prevent this from happening again.

5 Likes

Thanks. Where is the “service status page”? I tried services.wyze.com but it just keeps redirecting to a CMC ad.

1 Like
1 Like

Unless you a spokesperson for wyze, theorys are fine but dont talk as if you know or are repeating facts. And i wish die hards would quit giving wyze a pass on every issue after isue after issue after issue after issue. [mod edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Cool! I want PD in my Senators house! Oh and Tom Hanks house! :hugs:

Seriously? I do know, and I was repeating facts. Nothing in the post to which you responded was a theory or guess (except for the Mr. Ed diagnosis, labeled as a “bet”). It’s how computers and the Internet work.

And no I have nothing to do with Wyze, certainly don’t speak for them, and have been more critical lately than many.

1 Like

Very interesting.

I did not encounter these issues at my location.

Curious to learn the details.

I am glad they got this resolved fairly quickly (and that I had notifications turned off). It would have scared me to see some of those messages!

Ummm… that’s probably MY “Kitchen Cam”…

I know there are a lot of people complaining about the company right now with no HomeKit Notification errors and products they want it released but I truly believe you guys are doing a great job and you personally are doing an amazing job commenting to peoples posts trying to keep people informed thank you for all the hard work you do and thanks to the Wyze company for the products that they have in the products that they will Release in the future I complain just like everybody else but I just want to let you guys know how much this company means to all their customers who have been here since the beginning thank you so much

2 Likes

Thank you, Tommywyz. I appreciate you taking the time to brighten my day. :slight_smile:

Well put!

Awwwww shucks… :grimacing: