Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

when does this come to v3 and or doorbell?

Yes, IF you have an Android mobile device.
The hack works, although not great (stream is not as solid as on the v2 with rtsp support) but you can add now the v3 to BlueIris or watch in VLC.
Good enough for now

1 Like

It will never come to the doorbell, and I have my doubts if it will ever come to the WC3.
If you want a doorbel with RTSP look here

1 Like

Is ANYONE listening to WYZE cam v3 customers and potential buyers? WE WANT RTSP for the v3… PLEASE let me have it

I totally agree. I would have purchased new ones, but since they don’t support it, not gonna happen.

This was published in the notes of the June AMA;

Original Response:
RTSP for v3 is getting closer! Development is now complete and it is in internal testing with Wyze employees. My guess is that it will be released within the next 3-4 months, if testing goes well .
RTSP for v3 will be released the same way it was for v2. It will be a separate firmware that won’t get updated as frequently.
The overall percentage of Wyze users that use RTSP is actually extremely low, but we know how important this is for that small percentage of core users! We are 100% committed to getting it done , it might just take a little extra time compared to some other features.
Outdoor Cam most likely will not get RTSP because it’s battery-powered. Next on the list would probably be the doorbell, but we haven’t really looked at that yet .

FYI

3 Likes

I’ve been patient. Not going to complain about how long it’s taken/taking. There are features of the V3 that will make a nice upgrade to replace some of my V2 units; RTSP is necessary for my security system.

I’d contribute something to the developers’ coffee fund if it would help. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m hoping they do a better job on the V3 RTSP. The V2 is not stable. Keeps dropping connection. They should also allow RTSP to work with Cam Plus, Only because I still have time on the licenses. Then I’ll just rely on Blue Iris,

But my guess is, they’ll make it unstable to try to keep Cam plus customers. If they want custom for that, they need to offer a better solution than $1.25 per month per camera. That is expensive if you have 10 cameras. They also need to offer a web version to monitor Cam Plus cameras. On the phone is not a good platform

Ok this turned into something of a surprise.

Had to replace a failed router and turned on OFDMA along with smart connect and now the wyze cam using rtsp is rock solid. (AX20)

Hasn’t disconnected once since i changed things over.

Looks like this went and made the cameras actually useful …talk about shocking.

Wyze Cam v3 RTSP output setup procedure for WINDOWS ONLY. Not for use on any windows computer with less than 8gb memory.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12EsjdTHkye2hXsyRD3qtSekO4tZZ1CgI/view?usp=sharing

HELP…anyone know the Shinobi full Stream URL to get Wzye Cam v3 video working in Shinobi NVR windows browser app when the camera is sending rtsp thru GitHub - mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge: RTMP/RTSP/HLS bridge for Wyze cams in a docker container ?

What is this, does it build a container where it takes the Wyze feed and then redistributes it via RTSP/RTMP server? I understand that there are issues running docker and hyper-v on the same machine?

As I posted procedure above, it works well for me for both v2s and v3s. But I need the correct URL/stream type for my Shinobi on Docker running on my same computer . rtsp://localhost/frontv3 works in VLC but not Shinobi

Hi all, could anyone share how to configure the frigate.yml file to get a Wyze v2 working with Frigate?
Thanks

Now that’s just mean to say “they’ll make it unstable”.
Wyze has a sofware development process that frequently results in unstable software, I don’t think they need to TRY and make it unstable on purpose.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, my need for RTSP is just to be able to view the cameras in more apps than just the Wyze app itself. I have Cam Plus and will be keeping that going, even when RTSP gets released.

1 big Up Vote for RTSP here. I have never had any cameras before and am looking for the right solution. My primary use will be dropping in on my autistic child while he is roaming the backyard or in the garage, without disrupting him.

When it’s quiet and I cannot hear him is when I need to check in, so an ideal alert for me would be when there hasn’t been any movement for 5 minutes, when I know there should be. Did he leave the fenced yard? Is he face down in the pool? Is he taking apart the lawn mower? Or is he just enjoying the shade while listening to the AC cycle on and off? Being able to call up a live view whether there has been any motion or not is my highest need. Recording stuff will be great too, but seeing Real-Time from my phone or Windows Desktop would be amazing. Any fraction of stress reduction and convenience is extremely welcome when it comes to knowing all is well, and if he’s being safe I don’t have to interrupt his independent groove.

I was invited by Tech Support to leave this comment to increase visibility for the demand for the feature. Responsiveness from the company encouraged me to ask the question in the first place, so I am happy they want to know what we want, even when it’s not an advertised or developed.

I noted others have said to just use another camera, but never suggest any specific alternative, which would be really helpful if they did so I could at least compare to know, starting out from zero it’s not easy to know what to research or where.

Thanks to all and any kind suggestions are welcome!

You can do all that from your phone or tablet already with the regular Wyze app. You can stream multiple cameras all day.

What are you looking to gain through the RTSP feature?

(I’m all for RTSP but don’t want you to have to wait if what you have will already do what you need.)

You can look at EZVIZ C1C as well as TP-Link Tapo C100, both are around the same price as Wyze but support RTSP and/or ONVIF out of the box, and most important RELIABLY. If RTSP is your main requirement, don’t look at Wyze.

2 Likes

I use put my cameras up in grid view on my computer desktop in my office above my main monitors on a TV that is on the wall. This helps me know when packages arrive as well where my kids are in the common areas. If Wyze had even just a web portal that would suck only having one or two at a time but it would be something. RTSP means I can use Shinobi to do a proper security cam layout of all 13 cameras on the TV that just works, no timing out, not logging back in, etc… The Mobile app sucks in comparison for that type of use.

1 Like