Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

If this is not beta why post the release under roadmap?

I currently have 5 WyzeCams connected to blueiris, and previously they would not stay connected for more than 2 seconds. With the latest update i still get alot of disconnects on each camera but they last for about 3-5 seconds then reconnect without me having to regenerate the urls. These are the statistics over the last 8 hours

Cam 1 = 152 Disconnects
Cam 2 = 164 Disconnects
Cam 3 = 219 Disconnects
Cam4 = 194 Disconnects
Cam 5 = 368 Disconnects

When you look at the app, what does it show for wifi strength in each during the BI drops? I have a similar issue.

It was reports similar to yours that I gave up on previous releases. This release (4.28.4.41) I get frequent short signal drops. I am just running it via VLC. Have not had a hangup (yet).
/edit - meant a hangup that required rebooting the camera or getting a different URL.

1 Like

My wifi signal strength is between 82 and 94% across all of my cameras.

I havent tried through VLC this time around but I may give it a shot and see if I notice a difference. I can almost deal with this if need be.

I noticed that if I disable motion detection the rate of disconnects does drop

How do you disable motion detection?
I went to device settings -->Event Recording and turned off Detects Motion and Detects Sound and I’m still getting little green boxes.
/edit - think I found it - I had forgotten about that [face palm]
To turn Motion Tagging on/off, enter the Live Stream view for your camera, tap the More icon, then tap the Motion Tagging icon to turn the feature on/off.
/edit 2 - but does this turn off Detection in RTSP? Or is it like turning off the audio, which just turns it off in the App, but I still get audio in the RTSP stream.

I currently use 24/7 recording so I don’t worry about the motion detection. I am looking into just playing with every option to see if there is some magic setting that slows down the rate at which it decreases the number of drop offs. If I could get it down to 50 a day per camera I would be more than happy

Have you tried tracing the ip traffic with a sniffer/wireshark program to determine who is dropping who and determine what the cam or the BlueIris app was doing at the time of the session break?

@gemniii, the RTSP firmware is now something people can use with the released app and not just a beta app. This has been kind of a funky one to deal with for the Roadmap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flashed 4.28.4.41 from .40 also. Using BI it has lots of lost signals but comes back within a few seconds. No signal drop when it looses connection. I commend the folks working on this as it is a significant improvement for me.

Tried to flash my V2 to 4.28.4.41 from .40. I tried it twice using the download link from above, and from the RTSP web page. It still reports that I am at version ,40 on the Wyze app, I’ve upgraded versions before using the demo.bin on an SD card with no issues.

Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks
gny

Well, so much for that. After running for a few hours yesterday it locked up.

I’ve had great luck running firmware version 4.28.4.40 on my v2 cam for use with Blue Iris, so I’m hesitant to update the firmware. I don’t notice any disconnections.

The Wyze app shows camera wifi signal strength at 83% and has it a reserved IP address on my Google Wifi app. The camera is in the same room as the router. These are the Blue Iris settings I’m using (and running BI v5.0.0.68):

In Blue Iris I have this camera set to “Continuous” recording and the timeline appears solid without any breaks in the recording from disconnections, although the status window shows “No Signal: 4.”

Thanks for the update, but still a long way to go. This one is marginally better, but there are still a ton of disconnects on the V2’s.

Worse than that, there’s something that causes the cameras to completely stop broadcasting RTSP, as far as I can tell. My Blue Iris connection will just drop to No Signal until I view the stream via VLC on another computer! Then it will start up again on Blue Iris and run for a while until it drops. Sometimes when it drops it loses the connection to both Blue Iris and VLC.

Another V2 is significantly more stable. Both cameras are on the same new firmware and have the same settings in Blue Iris.

At least the two cameras aren’t killing each other like they were in the previous version.

I am actually a bit reluctant to try this new firmware. is it easy enough to downgrade if needed?

reason being, over the last month or so that I have been using the latest beta, I can count the number of disconnections I have had on 1 hand. I only run 2 cameras at present, both on separate access points, both streaming constantly into motion eye on hass.io, but only recording video on motion detection.

not sure why my experience is so much different to everyone elses. even if the connection does drop to motion eye, the cams have still been accessible in the wyze app and a simple restart has fixed it. never needed to re-generate RTSP URLs or any of that. if I could work out how to get motion eye to throw a notification when the feed dies, it would happen infrequently enough to restart the cams manually.

so before flashing this, it would be nice to know exactly what has been improved. is there a change log?

Same here. Previous beta v2 has been working great for me. Especially when switched them over to dedicated access point. Have quiet a few cameras running on motion and probably won’t switch over to latest firmware until it’s absolutely clear that the stability has improved.

In my case anyways, like the previous firmware versions, with this new firmware all of my issues go away with only 2 cameras enabled in Blue Iris - the remaining 2 are still running and viewable via the Wyze app, but it seems to be very closely tied to greater than 2 cameras being enabled in Blue Iris.

I installed the latest demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin on a new V2 camera and the RTSP stream failed to work with VLC and Synology Surveillance Station. In VLC I received audio, but no video. In Synology Surveillance Station it was unable to test the connection and thus add the camera. I was able to locate an older firmware download link for demos_V2_rtsp_4.19.4.48.bin. After installing that version I was able to stream video and audio to VLC and successfully add the camera to Synology Surveillance Station.

Is anyone else experiencing issues like that?

What was the firmware version before demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin and is there a live download link for it?

A note regarding demos_V2_rtsp_4.19.4.48.bin, the quality of the video feed is terrible when compared with the Xiaomi Dafang Hacks firmware I have running on another V2 camera. Has anyone compared the video quality between the official RTSP and some of the firmware hacks out there? I have a strong preference for an official firmware, but the low quality video is disappointing.

Hi,
i 'm Using the latest demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin on a V2 camera,
i’m using it with the motioneye - GitHub - motioneye-project/motioneye: A web frontend for the motion daemon..
its working fine until WIFI connection is disconnected , the camera keeps blinking even thought wifi connection is restored. rebooting the camera solves the issue.

1 Like

Moving my replies about the rtsp from another topic to this topic- sorry for the 1st/ only double post.

@ArthurH/ @UserCustomerGwen Sadly after using the latest 4.19.4.41 firmware for a few days, the cameras seem to be doing the same thing and have to be regenerated to get signal back in blue Iris. It isn’t happening at as high of frequency as it was with previous firmwares but it is still going to no signal and having to have the url regenerated 1-2x per day with each camera. It is much more stable than previous firmware versions-- one other thing that may be worth mentioning is the the signal is lost multiple/ many times each day, however, the complete loss of signal requiring url regeneration has been reduced significantly but this, to me, is still a near “deal breaker” for using these cameras as pseudo security cameras. Essentially, once you lose signal temporarily (no signal regeneration necessary) or permanently (url regeneration), you’ve lost the footage on your rtsp server.-- Luckily, Im assuming it would still be on the micro SD card in the camera and in the wyze cloud (10-14 seconds from what I understand)

Can some others here confirm the same issues with firmware 4.19.4.41? Thank you all!