Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Make sure the file is demo.bin and not demo.bin.txt, as Windows can make it sometimes. Going to a command prompt and doing a DIR on the folder can confirm.

You should also go into the advanced setting page for the camera to ensure RTSP is enabled and see what the url is for the stream.

I tried this… and also the rtsp://

Edit: And with the same settings as above, after not messing with it for a couple of days, I have video coming in! strange

Mine are the same except I have the “Skip initial HTTP DNS and…” box checked. Worked from the get go.

Grr, I changed fps from 10 to 30, lost the signal and can’t get it to come up again.

Is there any way to increase the bitrate and framerate of the RTSP stream? Right now it looks like 144p upscaled to 1080p…

1 Like

Is there a way to enable audio with rtsp? I don’t seem to hear any with vlc. It seems like when I record with ispy and open the video file with an audio editor and have it maximize the volume I can hear something. Is the rtsp not raising the audio when broadcasting?

@ArthurH Hopefully the next release will resolve this, but I thought I would report anyway. I’m running RTSP Beta 2 on three v2’s and they all show frequent dropouts.
Below are recordings from an entire day, and a zoomed in look at a few hours. The interval between dropouts is sometimes very consistent and other times quite random. You’ll also see two much longer drop-outs that I can’t explain either.

Lastly, I don’t get any audio when streaming into QNAP QVR Pro. It’s never given me any trouble with other RTSP audio streams, Is there anything non-standard or slightly out of the ordinary with the Wyze RTSP audio stream?

Thanks!

Just installed Beta V2 on Wyze Cam V2, and it works just as I need. No special streaming needs as I mainly use it for viewing my bird feeders online. VLC works great on Windows. That said, the iOS VLC app seems to be unstable, flickering on and off, But all the apps works great still, and I have full functions that I use, which is really only motion recording. I even can run VLC side-by-side with Blue Stacks on my Windows desktop, noticing that VLC is two seconds behind. BS is much more CPU intensive than VLC, as it is a guest system that runs Android apps within it, so to be expected. Will be trying my Pan Scan camera next. Thanks Wyze!

1 Like

excuse my ignorance, but why run vlc in ios when you can just run the wyze app?

I have some family in UK who appear to not be able to get shared cams in the Wyze app or who don’t want to sign up for an account. So VLC is free and easy!

1 Like

the reason you are experiencing these issues are because its BETA firmware.
Everyone running this firmware have complained of the same thing.
its not perfect yet. Its a BETA. Do you know what beta means?

try this:

Hey, I’ve been trying to connect my Furbo to Blue Iris as well but I could never find the username/password to connect to it via RTSP. Do you figure the password is specific to each unit? If it looks fairly generic, would you mind messaging me the details?

Thanks!

Anybody else have their network go down only when RTSP is on?

setup:
main router: ASUS RT-AC3100
Mesh setup: Eero
3 wyze cam pan beta fw : v 4.29.4.40
RTSP on into Blue Irirs v5 along with a few other non-wyze wifi cams over http.
wyze cams are connected to Mesh wifi, not Asus.

issues:
1- I get the random dropped signals, but they come back…and the dropped signals are RTSP into BI, the app still runs fine with video at the same time, so I know it’s an RTSP issue.

2- I haven’t found a pattern, but after awhile my entire network will drop to no internet traffic and I can’t access my main router internally. There is no switch issue or any other problem that I can find as I never had this problem before I turned on RTSP into BI. I know it’s not my actual internet connection or switching issue internally because my other IP’s work just fine even from the same computer in a VM. My thought it the RTSP is somehow flooding or causing an issue with the Asus router to where the only thing I can do is reboot the router.

My current test is to disable the RTSP stream into BI and see if it happens again,

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

Turn off hardware acceleration within BI for all of your wyze cams. Open properties of your wyzecam, Video tab, set “Hardware accelerated decode” to No.

Thank you Socos. I actually have h/w acc decode set to No in settings and that’s the default for all cams. Not sure why I had it like that since in BI 4, I thought I had it set for Nvidia Ndec…but anyway.

As an update, no issues so far on the network with the cams disabled in BI. Maybe I should try to enable h/w acc decode to nvdia and see what happens.

Everyone is experiencing dropped video signal in Bi and all other software… Thats a known bug of the beta firmware.

But I have had some network “weirdness” after several weeks…
Things get laggy … even my zwave lightbulbs controlled by motion sensors on smartthings get slow and laggy. webpages are slow to load. only been seen since I started using RSTP…
Its beta, I knew what i was getting into. I am willing to put up with things breaking.

I just reboot the entire network. modem, switches, access points. try to get all network routing hardware OFF, then turn on the modem, then the rest.
(Unrelated to Wyze) I have seen a single switch get hung up before cause a whole network to get bogged down until it got rebooted.

Thanx TRusselo. yeah I’m not worried about the dropped signal. It comes back by itself, or I have to reboot the wyze cam from the app and it’s fine…that part I can handle. If RTSP “viewing” within BI after time causes my internal network to go down (more likely, causing my router to freak out ), then that forces me to find different cams that have an app AND ONVIF support which seem to work just find with other vendors. By different cams, I mean Additional…I really do like the price and high quality of picture from my wyze pans.

yeah hard to beat the price, but also yeah onvif would be better for the pan cam due to movement control being part of the protocol.