Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

I paid the same money for my V1 as you did for your V2. I expect then that the units would compatible and backward compatible. I have related this to my friends and family.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

The reason new products are created is to provide features old products are unable to. To overcome limitations in old hardware, new hardware is needed. I’m pretty sure what you’re asking for is unreasonable.

That is the reason we went the v2 direction. We were running out of space for new features on v1 pretty quickly. Instead of removing features, we chose to make a new product that would be better equipped to handle the feature load we were aiming for.

EDIT: We also made changes such as improving the speaker and such while we were at it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome the front edge of technology. The first adopters are often on the bleeding edge.
" Bleeding edge technology is a category of technologies so new that they could have a high risk of being unreliable and lead adopters to incur greater expense in order to make use of them.[1"

If you are uncomfortable with the bleeding edge perhaps you should wait till the blood coagulates, the scab edge.

Wyze seems to be a mix of import cameras, a maturing software interface, and a lot of support.
There are a lot of users demanding more functionality but the cameras they bought do the functions they were advertised to do. Yes I’d like to have RTSP, Samba and Two Factor Authentication (2FA). But I’m not going to complain it isn’t here yet. And because of the limited hardware might not be.

Hey, folks. We’ve made a couple of mod edits in the interest of limiting poking between community members. Please remember our community guidelines and that we are aiming for a friendly and welcoming community. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for warning me that Wyze is a " **Bleeding edge technology" company, all the more reason to avoid ** their products until they mature.

I really wish my Model T Ford had GPS in it… Ford obviously doesn’t care about their early customers.

Wyze is an amazing company, you can’t possibly think that every company out there is responsible for making sure that every customer who ever purchases a product from them is due the features of the subsequent generations of product?

Look at the original GoPro vs gen 2, or now gen 8…

EVERY company, technology or otherwise who furthers their product development will invariably have features in subsequent generations that are beyond the limitations of the previous… Even if you “wait until they mature” you’re near guaranteed to purchase a product which will have less features than the next version.

10 Likes

As soon as this feature is added, I’ll likely be replacing my other cameras, with Wyze. :grin:
I’ve been checking this thread daily, for updates.

iSpy is my pick for great monitoring & DVR functions. As a developer, it’s amazing to see the software offered as open source code. You can go totally free, or there are other paid options, including cloud recording, mobile apps, and license plate recognition. It’s been great working with video streams using RTSP, ONVIF & H.264/FFMPEG. Setting the recording sensitivity and the areas to detect motion are about the only maintenance issues I’ve encountered.

1 Like

We’re now in very early testing for this! :smiley:

6 Likes

Waiting with bated breath!
Will it have a way to adjust system resources?

2 Likes

Just adding, that i ordered 3 cameras, and i will order 6 more if rtsp becomes available. Lol please hurry.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t personally have that level of information. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear! Thanks for the update. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Don’t forget, if you need beta testers for this, I have one that would fit the bill perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may want to follow the instructions here for app/firmware testing soon for… No reason in particular. :wink:

Become a Beta Tester - WyzeCam

6 Likes

Way ahead of you :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s a great start for an MVP. I thank it would be very helpful if I was able view recordins as well.

When are you dumping the requirement of Facebook for testing?
And what do you mean by this? I’m pretty sure I’m already signed up for beta testing so is this for the actual hardware? ie: Outdoor Wyze Cam… etc…

“We do plan to move away from Facebook groups for future testing, but we’re not at that point yet. Currently, hardware testing communication is limited to secret Facebook groups.”

1 Like