Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

It looks like they took it down. Probably due to the vulnerability that they fixed in the latest regular firmware but it was still present in the beta. More info here: I’m done with Wyze - The Verge
Hint: look for the Google cached version of the URL.

It would be a nice fix to have, but even if it was available I’m in no rush to take down my v3s to flash a new firmware update on to the SD card and then do the “press-setup/power-on reboot dance”.
I’m as confident in my network security as I am in all my RTSP (non-Wyze) cameras. :wink: actually I’m sure the network is more resilient than the cameras from a security point of view.

I got the same issue. I opened a ticket, but they didn’t answer, they (Theresa) just closed the ticket, so I don’t know what is going on, other than what c5h posted that maybe they took it down for a vulnerability. The odd thing is, why would you redesign the site and require a login, a different login, just to cover a vulnerability.

Luckily, I still have a copy of it so I could flash the ones I just got.

1 Like

Interesting about the RTSP firmware removal. Also interesting, TinyCamPro can no longer load up the cameras via “cloud” protocol, I am getting this “value of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject” error on ALL wyze cameras. Also app is very slow to load on Android, on iPhone it has logged out and won’t log back in…

Is Wyze getting hacked, what’s going on??

1 Like

Same here. Same failure message from tinyCam

Edit: After viewing with the Wyze App, closing the Wyze App, then opening tinyCam: java error message does not appear, tinyCam works as expected.

Edit2: based on subsequent posts, having this work again was not because of opening/closing the app. Apparently due to AWS issues now resolved,

It’s Wyze screwing with their users once again, if you are not paying for cam-plus, features have disappeared!
This is one of many reasons why I’ve switched everything over to Eufy cameras!
Rock solid, built-in, officially supported RTSP and onboard AI detection, for zero cost!!
I am a home asssistant advocate, and the Wyze cam RTSP has always been terribly implemented, lazy coding, constant failure of the RTSP streams, and, of course, completely unsupported by Wyze “wizards” as Wyze has chosen to simply put out a single, unmaintained, unofficial RTSP “custom” firmware which then precludes those cameras from any additional features, as it’s an unsupported, separate firmware from standard!!!

Which Eufy cams are you using?

My WyzeV2 cams are (finally, after a couple of RTSP firmware updates) working properly with my BlueIris software. But as long as Wyze will not commit to dedicating a specific stream of $$ to RTSP development (to which I would be happy to contribute), I can’t rely long-term on Wyze cams.

I spent an inordinate amount of time comparing vendors and then cameras within their offerings.
I replaced all my Wyze cams, v2s and PanCams with Eufy Security Indoor 2K pan-tilt cams. They are available on Amazon for $45 (use the $10 coupon, and buy one at a time to get the $10 off per camera). I also considered their Eufy Security Solo 2K Indoor Cam, available for $38 after $4 coupon, but since the pan-tilt cam was only $45, I opted for those.
Both options offer built-in, rock solid RTSP support, and onboard, local AI person and pet detection, and AI audio detection. The pan-tilt cams are clean, quiet while panning, and the 2K resolution is spectacular. The pan-tilt is also HomeKit compatible for those that need it. I use HomeAssistant, and the Eufy Integration (HACS) is excellent, allowing control over key camera functions.
Can’t recommend enough, and at $45 per camera, with zero recurring monthly fees, local recording, solid Official RTSP built-in, and AI detection, it’s a no brained switch!

Maybe something to do with this outage:

1 Like

Golly, who could have seen these issues coming…
Maybe, the everyone that slammed them when, after losing their rights to use XorAI onboard AI person detection, they couldn’t develop an onboard replacement, and, instead, opted to use a cloud based AI, requiring every motion clip to upload to cloud servers to be analyzed…
Idiots didn’t understand the costs involved, and almost bankrupted themselves, forcing them to push monthly recurring fees onto users, for the privilege of having Person Detection.
This is why I dumped my Wyze cameras for Eufy 2K cameras with onboard local AI.
$45 for pan-tilt cameras, and zero monthly charges…

1 Like

What is the aspect ratio of the 2K cams is it 16:9 or 4:3 (if I recall it was 4:3).

2560x1920 so 4:3 aspect ratio.

Well, looks like Wyze has pulled the RTSP firmware files down. I am guessing this is over the publicity surrounding the exploits published by Bitdefender, since the RTSP firmware probably has not been seriously analyzed for security flaws. Anybody know whether the latest v3 RTSP firmware file is mirrored anywhere trustworthy?

I don’t want to hear this lame excuse for not having the funds to develop RTSP firmware along with the normal one. If they can waste money on creating a WYZE Car, they can certainly invest in RTSP

3 Likes

Ka-zing!

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/rtsp/demo_v3_RTSP_4.61.0.1.zip

This went straight to the file for download earlier today. Took a few seconds and there’s no landing page.

Thank you @pogesmit!

This is still labeled as roadmap and launched. Is this status still current with wyze recently pulling the RTSP beta?

1 Like

Interesting question.