Rapid reaction to sound/motion? and etc.

1. I asked my cousin to enter the house and change the thermostat settings. He did it, but the camera didn’t catch him doing it. What’s up with that?

2. One day he entered the house and got something out of the bathroom. I saw him head to the bathroom, but the camera didn’t record his return. Why not?

3. If I set my camera to record video continuously to a 32 gb card, will I still receive notifications of new movement/sound when they happen?

4. Now, it appears, the camera has gone offline. When I try to connect I get a message that the connection failed; when I try to take a photo, the message is “Camera not connected.” I rebooted my phone and it didn’t fix the problem.

I was thinking about getting at least one more camera for that house and perhaps a couple for the house I live in full time, but the stability of the camera’s platform seems a little unstable. Anyone else having these issues?

<p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important; line-height: 24px !important; color: #000000 !important;">1. I asked my cousin to enter the house and change the thermostat settings. He did it, but the camera didn’t catch him doing it. What’s up with that?</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important; line-height: 24px !important; color: #000000 !important;">2. One day he entered the house and got something out of the bathroom. I saw him head to the bathroom, but the camera didn’t record his return. Why not?</p>
The camera has a ~5 min cool down period where it won't record another clip. You can have it keep recording if you put a microSD card in it though.

So, sounds like in both of these cases, it was during the cool off period.

<p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important; line-height: 24px !important; color: #000000 !important;">3. If I set my camera to record video continuously to a 32 gb card, will I still receive notifications of new movement/sound when they happen?</p>
Well, it will record, but, you will not get new notifications if it is in the cool down period.

<p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important; line-height: 24px !important; color: #000000 !important;">4. Now, it appears, the camera has gone offline. When I try to connect I get a message that the connection failed; when I try to take a photo, the message is “Camera not connected.” I rebooted my phone and it didn’t fix the problem.</p>
You need to reboot the camera, not the phone.
<p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important; line-height: 24px !important; color: #000000 !important;">I was thinking about getting at least one more camera for that house and perhaps a couple for the house I live in full time, but the stability of the camera’s platform seems a little unstable. Anyone else having these issues?</p>
Yes, they still got work to do...

*edit, it also seems like this forum software is buggy as well. Don’t know why it is doing that with the formatting information along with the text.

Thanks for that response. I knew nothing about that ~5 minute cool-down period. I wonder if that’s a software setting or if it’s related to hardware limitations.

I infer from what you said that the camera will still send a notification of activity when the camera is in continuous video record mode even if it takes another ~5 minutes before it can sense a subsequent activity. That’s good to know. But if that’s not the case, please advise.

The bad new is, I have to be physically present to reboot the camera. So between now and the next time I visit the house, the camera is going to be useless to me. Since I’m now living in House 1 with a broken foot, it will be a while before I get to reboot the camera that resides in House 2. :frowning: C’est la vie. But chances good that it won’t matter.

Thanks for that response. I knew nothing about that ~5 minute cool-down period. I wonder if that’s a software setting or if it’s related to hardware limitations.

I infer from what you said that the camera will still send a notification of activity when the camera is in continuous video record mode even if it takes another ~5 minutes before it can sense a subsequent activity. That’s good to know. But if that’s not the case, please advise.

The bad new is, I have to be physically present to reboot the camera. So between now and the next time I visit the house, the camera is going to be useless to me. Since I’m now living in House 1 with a broken foot, it will be a while before I get to reboot the camera that resides in House 2. :frowning: C’est la vie. But chances good that it won’t matter.

Oh, and I also noticed that the forum’s software is a little buggy. But we’ll give these guys a break. I’d be willing to bet they have grown so much so quickly that they are overwhelmed on every front.

I have SD cards in my cameras on continuous recording, and yes you still get the notification for motion.

Far from an ideal solution, but I have my cameras plugged into “smart outlets” so I can remotely reboot my cameras when they won’t connect.

Really??? I didn’t know there was such thing as a smart outlet. Thanks for that info! Where do you get them?

. . . .

After saying that, I went to Amazon and searched for smart outlets. Is yours controlled by Alexa and that whole group of Amazon products? I don’t have Alexa and don’t think I really want it. There was a time some years back when I loved all the latest technologies, but I’ve sort of aged out of that, I guess. I’m retired and don’t really make use of them now.

I don’t have an Alexa. Most (all?) come with their own app, and their app often integrates with Alexa & Google home, but neither are required.
I got mine new from eBay for $8.23 each. They’ve since changed the price or I would’ve shared.

Then can you tell me the brand of the thing you do have and how you reset it remotely? I will Google it and find somebody who sells it even if not on eBay. I let my PayPal account expire, so I’d have to jump through some hoops to get it reactivated. I think I’d just rather buy it from a retailer.

Interesting!! I have my camera plugged into the wall behind the couch. Its big and heavy for me to pull out. An outlet like that would help. I guess when I’m home - I have just unplugged it from the camera end, but would love that when I’m out and about.

I would also be interested