Ransomware Wyze Server

Keep in mind that as far as I know, the Wyze cameras MUST connect to the Wyze server after powerup BEFORE they will start local recording. Hence the reason for setting up my %$#@ iPhone as a hotspot temporarily after the cameras in the firing pits are powered up (from USB batteries).

2 Likes

You have direct connection to the truck battery?
You stipl need internet or hot spot to review firework clips right there.

I have a cigarette lighter to quad USB output adapter that lives in the accessary outlet in the truck. That powers the dashcam. For my fireworks shows, the cameras that are put into the firing pits are powered from USB batteries.
And yes, I would need to either pull the uSD cards and plug into a computer or connect the WiFi to review the video at the show location. That would be massively too far down the priority list. All we want to do at that time is get the show torn down and get out of there, go home, shower, and get to sleep! Watching video - both from the Wyze cameras and ā€œrealā€ video cameras plus drone video waits until a day or two later.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t you have them on batteries full time (pass through charging through the truck) so you could set them up before you leave the house?

For the dashcam, yes, it is powered continuously, but for the others, it would be more trouble than itā€™s worth to keep them powered from the time I left the house. Besides, only momentary interruption, and that camera would be out of service. Since itā€™s easy enough to set up my &%$#@ iPhone to act as a hotspot, I just do that.

2 Likes

All it takes is a very quick flicker, found that out in one of my tests. Once the power is interrupted you are done until it ā€˜phones homeā€™

1 Like

If this were something I were doing all the time Iā€™d think about using Dafang firmware instead, at least to capture the offline video.

• Local h264 recording possible:
/system/sdcard/bin/h264Snap > /system/sdcard/video.h264