Raccoons Steal My Outdoor Cam

Posted this on the Reddit but figured I’d share it here as well:

17 Likes

Did you get it back?

Dude, I’m loving this cheeser-selfie:

Little Guy had an accomplice:

It was funny to see them fight over the camera right after the selfie.

Man, this was a GREAT video, doing the Picture in Picture made it awesome! Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

I believe at the end, we see them leave it and walk away. Also, if they walked off with it out of range, then we probably wouldn’t have a copy of the WCO recording because the cam plus recording usually gives an error if an even upload loses network before it is completed, instead of completing due to end of motion. So that indicates to me it was left there and the event just ended due to motion cessation, rather than out of range (lost network connection).

1 Like

I just shared the link on Wyze’s Discord server in the clips channel. This video is just too awesome. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wyze wants to include a link to it in their next newsletter email. This one is great.

3 Likes

They were just using the WCO for a flashlight, one of them dropped their wallet. Great video, maybe I’ll project it on the fence tonight so my nightly raccoon visitors can watch.

3 Likes

Yeah, fortunately they abandoned it at the end of the video and left it alone after.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing on the Discord! Great assessment, that is a pretty accurate description of what took place. The selfie was my favorite part, it’s just such a perfect pose.

4 Likes

:rofl: That’s hilarious :joy:

1 Like

Funny,… I think you should put your iPhone out here with a little handle to help them carry it. Then use your new one for a “find my phone” session and track them to their den.

2 Likes