Questions

I am interested in this product but I have a few questions before deciding to buy.

1. Can I view the live stream outside of my network (using my cellphone’s data plan)?

2. I read about 14 day rolling cloud storage. How long is this for? Is there a cost to use this?

3. Can I set up continuous recording or motion detected videos to my own AWS S3 bucket?

4. What is the wireless network range in which bandwidth is optimal/usable? (The farther away it is from the AP, less bandwidth)

5. What is the power consumption of this device?

6. Can I transfer the videos stored in the MicroSD through the network or do I have to remove the card from the camera?

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. The cloud storage is free. Fifteen second clips are uploaded when motion and/or sound are detected. There is a 5 min wait between clips to keep the storage reasonable. But did I mention, it's free.
  3. You can install a microSD card (not included) in the camera which can be set to record continuously or on motion/sound. When recording motion/sound to the card, there are no length or interval limitations. You can play these back from the camera your phone or tablet anywhere. Routing of video to AWS or other external servers is not yet implemented, but is being considered.
  4. There are two compression rates (SD and HD) and associated bandwidth of <span style="color: #373737; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;">1-2MB per minute in</span><span style="color: #373737; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;"> </span>SD<span style="color: #373737; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;"> or 4-7MB per minute in</span><span style="color: #373737; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;"> </span>HD. The wifi range would very much depend on the capabilities of your router, environment, etc, so that cannot be answered here. The camera only supports 2.4GHz wifi networks.
  5. The included power block is rated at 1 Amp. It has been said that it can run up to three cameras. Therefore, I would conclude that each camera draws 333mA or less.
  6. You can play back video from the microSD card in the app. You can record what you are playing back to the phone's camera roll for sharing elsewhere. The playback and recording is only available at 1x speed (realtime) currently.

The continuous upload to S3 would be a game changer.