Question about Wyze Headphones

Hello,
This is my first community post and the website’s a little clunky, so hopefully I did this right!
The Wyze Headphones look good in marketing, but I do have a question/concern that could make or break these for me. I think these would be a good fit for my Grandma when she watches Netflix or Amazon Prime on her LG smart TV. Her LG does support bluetooth headsets so that’s nice, but I wasn’t sure if she’d still be able to adjust bass, treble, etc from the Wyze app when the headphones are synced to her TV.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

From what it looks like in the “Details” section of the info page for Wyze headphones, you will be able to perform some sound adjustments (equalizer)…

Wyze Noise-Cancelling Headphones | Best, Cheap, Wireless Headphones :
Do the headphones work without the Wyze app?

Yes, all you need is a Bluetooth connection to use the headphones. If you want to use more advanced features, like touch controls and the equalizer, you will need the Wyze app.

2 Likes

Along with what @FullyChargedTech pointed out, the specs say you can be connected to your phone and another device at the same time.

Dual Bluetooth Device Connection

Connect to your devices, wirelessly with Bluetooth 5.0.

Wyze Headphones come with the newest version of Bluetooth, which support dual device connection. Stay connected to your phone while listening on your computer, too.
3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll do a little more digging!

Hold on guys, I think that says the opposite of what you wrote. It’s saying the Equalizer will NOT work without the app!

2 Likes

Yes, that is the way I read it as well. You need to have the app installed and running in order to perform or control fine tuning audio functions (like the equalizer) when listening to music .

I would think that you can play music like you would normally would through your music app and when you want to fine tune the sound quality, you would then utilize the Wyze app for that purpose…

2 Likes

We’re saying that the WYZE app (EQ) and the TV, or any other source, will work together.

2 Likes

Correct.
The headphones will functions as a standalone piece of hardware. when connected to your audio source.

And it will require the Wyze app in conjunction with your audio source in order to tweak the headphone sound (via equlaizer) to your liking. I have not seen any screenshots or images of what functionality/capability will be available on the addon module that will be through the Wyze app…

In other words, we don’t know just yet to what degree of equalization/sound customization will be available for the users to set and modify…

1 Like

Ok, I’ll look further into it. I plan to pre-order one for testing.

1 Like

I sure hope we’re right.:slightly_smiling_face:
It’s just my interpretation of the WYZE specs.

Yeah, the info from Wyze isn’t very clear on that. I was hoping one of the Wyze members would answer my question, but thanks to all of you for trying to interpert Wyze’s marketing for me! LOL😃

@UserCustomerGwen or any other Wyze staff that could help clarify - I’m also interested…

Yup! You can have your headphones paired with more than one device at a time (I use my phone and laptop) and you can use the equalizer through the Wyze app. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Gwen! This isn’t fully described in the marketing material, but I’m glad it works! I’ve already pre-ordered my set and I look forward to playing with it in November!

1 Like

Awesome! I hope that both you and your grandma enjoy them. :heart:

I have an older flat screen tv that doesn’t include built in bluetooth capability but in the past I’ve used it with bluetooth headphones that had a base station charger that connected to the audio port on the TV. Could this be possible with the new Wyze headphones? I’m currently using wired headphones with the TV but don’t want that option with bluetooth headphones.

Not likely the WYZE headphones alone but you can get a bluetooth transmitter to connect to your TV.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Receiver-Microphone-Streaming/dp/B082Y4SNFF/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1602884251&sr=8-11

1 Like

Has anyone tested the headphones out using Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom on your PC (via bluetooth)? Are none, some or all of the features working?

1 Like

I will be able to test it for you when I get mine in here at the end of the month!

That’s a handy BT receiver I got one exactly like it. Caught it on sale under $10. Currently using it on a set of speakers works great.

1 Like