QR scan

I have seen several posts about not being able to scan the QR code. I bought 2 camera and set them up pretty easy two days ago. Today one of them today kept showing an error and I tried to rest the camera but now it won’t let me scan the QR code. I have tried everything that I have read other users suggest. I even called customer support and tried the same things over again with no luck. I used 3 different smartphones with the code and still nothing. I was hoping someone else might have another suggestion that could work for me that is not one that has been repeated in a bunch of other posts. I’m just ready to Chuck this camera onto the highway.

i had the same problem too, then i got lucky all of the sudden and it scanned. i’m not saying there’s not something wrong with the came to make it act up like this but have you tried:
varying the distance you hold the phone to the camera, starting from about 5"?
tilting the phone slightly in any direction?
wiping the lens?
avoiding bright or glaring light? try it in the dark.

Yep tried all that and nothing. Tried for about 2 hours still nothing. I let it sit u plugged for7 hours and it scanned QR code with no issues after 3 seconds but of course once it did that it through code 0 and would not show a photo which is what happened in the first place which is why I first rebooted it. So again I rebooted it and now it won’t scan the code like yesterday.

Contact them directly or just return it.

Have you tried adjusting the brightness on the device the QR code is being displayed on? I also have to state the obvious and ask if you have removed the protective film from the lens. I’ve been using these cameras for a while, and I forgot to remove it from one just recently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes still nothing.

Could you please try this (the support link below)

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014440692-Factory-reset

If not, please keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.