QR code not scanning

The cam wont scan the QR code for set up on my cams

2 Likes

Are you able to lower your screen brightness? Some have stated that reducing the brightness helps.

Thanks for reply changing brightness did not help

Is the full qr code visible? Scroll up so that no parts are hidden at the bottom.

Welcome to the Wyze community @waltcp1964!
In addition to the other tips mentioned, make sure that you have removed the protective film from the camera and that there’s nothing on the camera lens. If the code still doesn’t scan, try angling the camera around a bit to see if the code will scan.

2 Likes

Use the rear camera and move the phone in/out; verify good focus of the QR code.
Keep the phone steady, slide it on a table top, parallel with the camera/lens. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I have the exact same issue with 1 of the 3 wyze cam V3 that I just got a few days ago.
I tried all of the suggestions above with no luck.

Hi @aidler.e and welcome to the community forum. :slightly_smiling_face:
Looks like several others having same problem.
Can only suggest contacting Support and open a ticket.

Live support is available: +1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Setting up a camera doesn’t use any camera on the phone…the Wyze cam scans the code from the phones screen.

1 Like

Oops La, I was thinking of the QR code on the bottom of the outdoor cam’s base unit. :upside_down_face:
Thanks for the correction @WildBill & Happy New Year! :confetti_ball:

Yes, I did contact Support and after a quick debugging they decided that the unit was defective and sent a replacement. Thanks

1 Like