Purple tint..

Checked that too and it makes no difference.

Here is a pick after the magnet trick taken this AM, seems to still be working.

There is a newer firmware that solves this issue.

Did not resolve my purple tint issue… Even after the upgrade it still is showing.

The new firmware will help with slight color cast problems as it adjusts the camera’s color spectrum. However, the problem described in this thread is a much deeper purple tint which is caused by the IR filter being in place when not in night mode, and the firmware’s color spectrum adjustment is not going to help that as it’s a mechanical problem within the camera.

Purple tint issue here as well.

The camera works well when upright. It can be extended, rotated, tilted and still function properly.

When upside down, the camera works well when the base is not extended. Extending the base and tilting or rotating frequently causes it to go purple.

Turning Night Vision On/Off does not solve the problem while upside down.

If I turn the camera upright while purple, turning the Night Vision On/Off fixes the color.

Contacting Support.

Bumping a super old thread it appears, so state that I have this problem with a brand new camera, running firmware 4.9.3.64. Will try the magnet trick when I get home. 10 months later and the firmware is not the solution to what appears may be a hardware problem.

Hello @shmoe723, can you send a screenshot of how your live stream view looks like? Including the homepage showing that night vision is toggled off?

This one should work.

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot, I do recommend that you try using a magnet to try and move the lens back into place then if that doesn’t work go ahead and get in contact with the Wyze support team.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

2 Likes

Thank you! This worked for me! I placed it on something metal, extended the camera out from the base, turned night vision on then back off and POOF the color corrected!

3 Likes

Turning IR on/off a few times solved the purple image problem for me which is nice as the camera is 100 miles away

1 Like

Being that the camera is 100 miles away , it’s very good that worked

The magnet trick worked for me, thank goodness. I set up my camera & had already recycled the box & I didn’t buy it directly from Wyze. I tried the other solutions and the update keeps failing. After I moved a magnet around on it, the color returned to normal. I turned the “auto” off & on and the purple returned. Magnet fixed it again. Whew! Thanks!

2 Likes

Mine where stacked(just as suggested on the wyze site) as in the pic, The bottom one went purple. Seperated them, turned it off and back on, Seems fine now.

1 Like

Thanks all for this thread! If you’re reading the beginning of the tread read the newer posts. I don’t think you need bang or open your camera. I had a magenta and purple hue but it was an IR filter issue. I took a magnet (a second Wyze works) put it on one side and heard the filter click off. Problem solved. Put the magnet on the opposite side and you can force the filter to reengage. I now extend the Wyze magnetic base far from the camera so I hope the issue won’t happen again.
2CAA8E204A9D_1590250732373

1 Like

Got my 6th camera and there’s a purple color in auto set up . Tried turning off and on nothing?

Thanks for your post. Turning night mode off and on resolved my issue!

2 Likes