Purple tint on Doorbell

Anyone else have the problem where the doorbell has a purple tint on the picture? Picture looked normal until I switched the mode to “auto” on night mode. Looking for a fix but am guessing I need to send back?

It’s supposed to flip the filter back off during the daytime. It can get stuck. You can whack it a few times to unstick it (and try toggling that setting to Off) or just return it.

I’m not super familiar with it, but is that part of how night mode works by flipping that filter on along with other components? I’ll give that a try and see if that will fix it.

Yes. At least that’s how the V2s work. I assume the doorbell is the same. But if it’s already getting stuck - it’s only suppose to be on when the IR lights are on and not on in the daylight - then your new device is defective. Unless you accidentally set it to full time IR / night mode?

1 Like

Yep mine was working fine after install, then on the first sunny day, it looks like the sun burned out the CMOS chip. this is not normal.

Did you get a replacement? I just got a replacement sent out today. Hopefully it arrives soon!

Welcome @bbender1!
You may want to contact Wyze support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

my doorbell literally started doing that as well. I’m glad to know I’m not alone will call support first thing on Monday.

I got in touch with support and they got me a new unit within 4 days. New unit works great! Hope they can solve your issue as quick as mine. Good luck!

2 Likes