Purchased Wyze Cam 3 2 weeks ago with the 1 year PLUS subscription Now Im told it expired!

2 weeks ago I purchased the wyze cam v3 with the one year subscription for $34
I registered the code promptly,
I kept on receiving emails from Wyze advising me my PLUS subsciption woul end in two weeks. I thought that must be some sort of coputer error as I registered the code

Today received email advising the PLUS subscription expired and I must pay again to
use the plus feature for one year.
Could someone please contact me to straighten this problem out.

You still have your 1 year cam plus subscription.

Here’s what I believe happened:

You bought the 1 year Cam Plus Subscription with your cam.

When your cam arrived and you activated it, Wyze automatically gave you an extra separate 2 week trial of Cam Plus that was set to automatically expire after 2 weeks (this had no effect on your 1 year license though, it was totally separate and extra). This is done automatically with every new Wyze Cam activation.

After 2 weeks expired, the 2 week trial option ended. You still have the 1 year license though. Assuming you already bought and activated the 1 year license (I read that with the bundle, some people had to activate it with a coupon code first or something like that…if that’s the case, do that first, if that’s not the case, then ignore everything in the parenthesis here), then do the following:

1. Open the Wyze App
  2. Click on the Account Tab at the bottom
  3. Click on Services
  4. Click on Cam Plus
  5. Click on Edit
  6. Check the box next to your camera if it’s not already checked.
  7. Click Activate.
  8. Click on the camera showing on that screen and make sure to turn on all the features you want to be working (Person Detection, vehicle detection, package detection and anything else listed that you are interested in having the AI identify for you).

You should be good to go now. I believe the problem was that you were using the 2 week trial Cam Plus license, and after following those steps you’ll have switched it to your full 1 year license of Cam Plus now.

If any of those steps didn’t work out like you expected, let me know and I will try to help you figure out one of the reasons why (maybe your 1yr license needs to activated first or something for example).

Hope that helps.
(I do not work for nor represent Wyze, I’m just helping out)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help. It did the trick!

| carverofchoice
March 20 |

• | - |
  1. Open the Wyze App
  2. Click on the Account Tab at the bottom
  3. Click on Services
  4. Click on Cam Plus
  5. Click on Edit
  6. Check the box next to your camera if it’s not already checked.
  7. Click Activate.
  8. Click on the camera showing on that screen and make sure to turn on all the features you want to be working (Person Detection, vehicle detection, package detection and anything else listed that you are interested in having the AI identify for you).
1 Like

That’s great to hear! Thanks for the follow-up that it was successful. It’s always good to hear that. :slight_smile:

Best wishes.

1 Like

I received the same notice and I did originally get the email saying that I would get a code…NEVER DID…I called that in, received credit and then decided on paying for the year for cam plus…now receiving notice that my lics will renew on April 1st…I cannot find any proof that I paid for a year back in Dec or Jan…No answers in my account, which I could not look at today until I submitted a new password…Getting really confused about all of this information not being saved.

How was it paid for?

It may be the trial license as mentioned above.

1 Like

If you open the Wyze App, then go to the Account tab at the bottom, then services, then Cam Plus, can you take a screenshot of what you see on that page and upload it here? It should show your camera under a section that says something like trial license. There should also be another section that says something like “Active Annual Paid Licenses,” Do you see that?

If so, what you will want to do is click Edit on the bottom section where it says trial, then uncheck your camera from the trial license and click activate to save it. Then go to the other section that says annual paid licenses and click edit there, check your camera and click activate, and now you’ll have switched from the trial license to the annual license.

If you don’t see anything showing an annual license like you purchased, it might be best to have support investigate the situation, but assuming your annual license purchase is there, then those steps should help you switch from the trial license to the normal annual license.

I am also having trouble. After selecting Cam Plus I only see a “Level up” message with payment options. I do not see a message about. I do not see any way to edit. I emailed support. (iPhone Xs Max)

That was the right move. If you select Account - Services - Cam Plus and it isn’t showing any license there, then support needs to fix the issue and find out why. I’ve heard of this happening to some people with recent orders. Support should be able to fix it one way or another. As mentioned above, sometimes they just give a credit to the account so that you can reorder it and then go set up. It’s possible they’ll order and do it for you though. Either way, they’ll be able to see if you paid for the license and if it never showed up they can handle it. They’ve always treated me right…more than right if I’m honest. They’ve done more than I deserved just to ensure I was fully taken care of. They’ll take care of you too. If you don’t hear back in a few days you can try calling instead. Email is convenient though. :slight_smile: