Problems with viewing on Echo Show

For a few days now, there has been an unusually high amount of buffering while viewing some of my Wyze cams on my Echo Show Gen 1. Sometimes it never shows the camera at all and keeps trying saying that it is waiting on Wyze but gives up after a couple of minutes. Is anyone else having this problem?

2 Likes

I bought an Amazon Echo Show Gen 1 device mainly for the purpose of viewing my cameras as needed. Other than the short timeout of the viewing time, the service has been good. But for the last five days or so, it has been horrible in that it either times out before connecting to the camera or is in a continuous buffering state. I have not made any changes to my system so I can’t figure out where the problem is. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Hi @graywoulf. Sorry to hear about your frustration with the Echo Show and Wyze cams. I would suggest opening a support request with Wyze.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

Have you seen this post (it applies to Echo Show and Google):

1 Like

I’ve had problems with just connecting with Amazon. I use Amazon just on my phone and my schedules aren’t working and I have to either force shut the app or Disable the Wyze app and re-enable it to get everything working again. Sometimes I have to do this about once or twice a day.

I have disabled the Wyze Skill a couple of times but it didn’t really help much at all. I know that there could be a myriad of connections between my cameras and my Echo Show so I don’t see any way to properly troubleshoot this issue. Changes or problems could be occurring anywhere along the data stream. I can only hope that it gets better soon is the way I see it.

1 Like

reboot cable modem, reboot router, reboot show, reboot wyze camera. now working without buffering. note there is a limit on show of how long the camera will show up.

1 Like

actually, this fixed it for several minutes. it’s still a problem. not sure where to go with this

1 Like

I bought an echo tablet

I have a camera in a bedroom that’s been fine for a year with my Show. I moved it one foot over (and had to reboot it).

Now when I try and watch it on the Show it buffers every 15 seconds. I rebooted the camera and the show so far.