Problems connecting to the internet Wyze cam V3

I want to install my camera in an office that provides me with a username and password to verify the internet connection, in addition to entering the Wi-Fi password, it asks me, the people in the building configure the connection with a second verification of username and password, and with that I cant connect the camera to the internet, someone who can help me please

The only workaround I can think of would to be to clone the MAC ID of the Wyze Cam to a laptop WiFi Network adapter then sign in and do the secondary verification on that laptop.

Or if you have a “Rooted” Android device you could clone the MAC ID on the WiFi also. The Laptop probably would be easier as there are “MAC ID cloning software” available if you look around or search the quote. ** Technitium MAC Address Changer** is one of them and a freeware.

Not a simple task if you are a non technical type with computers though…

Once you have that MAC ID verified on your network, change back your laptop to original MAC ID then try the camera, It should remember that MAC ID was registered (hopefully)…

############################################################

FYI: Wyze Cams Terms of Service do not permit the use in non-household environments. Although There are many users that have violated the Terms of Service and so far they continue to do so, so enforcement may not be done and it is just for legal purposes Wyze states such…

In the Terms of Service for CamPlus & The Wyze Cameras:

Installation and Use

Your installation and use of the Wyze Cam Black, the Wyze Cam, the Wyze Cam v2, the Wyze Cam Pan, and any other Product released by Wyze which can transmit or record audio and video (the “ Wyze Cam Products ”) are subject to the Supplemental Terms for the Wyze Cam.

**Additionally, before using Cam Plus Services, it is your obligation to determine whether your intended use is subject to any data protection or privacy laws, and to comply with such laws at all times. e Cam Plus Services are intended for purely personal and household use. These Cam Plus Terms do not permit you to use the Cam Plus Services in a business or a workplace.

Supplemental Terms for the Wyze Cam.
Also found in section 1 A 2nd paragraph of “Supplemental Terms for the Wyze Cam” link above:
Unless specifically authorized by Wyze in writing, all Wyze Cam Products and related Services are intended for purely personal use in or around your home.

1 Like

You can also use a GL.iNet to connect to a hotspot w/captive portal. A captive portal is a web page accessed with a web browser that is displayed to newly connected users of a Wi-Fi network before they are granted broader access to network resources.
[Setup Captive Portal - GL.iNet Docs]
[Connect to Captive Portal - GL.iNet Docs]

Search on Amazon for “gl.inet captive portal” e.g. GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2(Mango) $26.91

1 Like

What the doctor said. Also too bad you didn’t join our 3 stooges practice yesterday. (long story)

Huh, didn’t know that. There are 1 or 2 frequent posters who would seem to be in that position…

1 Like

That is why I will not install Wyze Cams for any of my clients, I read the Wyze Terms of Service and Wyze is also not as reliable as my DVR based professional CCTV systems.

What you know who is doing is in violation of Wyze’s Terms of Service and I bet they are reselling CamPlus services too (shady business)

I do let people know about Wyze and warn them of the possibile issues they may have with them and that they are really a hobbyist camera system. Most of them choose a professional CCTV system.

1 Like