I had received a new WyzeCam Pan device, and on installing it, was prompted to upgrade to the new firmware from the previous version, so I let it do it through the phone app.
The update seemed to be ok, until it was time to install a memory card, which was a Sandisk Class 10 MicroSD card, which I have used in my WyzeCam Cube V2.
The memory card would not format. I tested the card in other devices, and had no issues with it, including connecting it to my PC and formatting there. I could also write data to it no problems.
I figured that there was a problem with the device and got an RMA for another one. The new one arrived and I had the SAME PROBLEM with that one.
At this point I decided it was either an iPhone App problem, or a problem with the manufacture run, or a firmware issue. I tested with an Android version of the app and had similar issues.
So I reverted back to the previous firmware using the SD Card method with demo.bin on the SD Card root. This went over fine, and the device started working normally with the SD Card. I decided to try updating it again to the new version using the same method instead of letting my phone initiate it, and the device again works fine with the new firmware.
I suspect something in the delivery of the firmware using the phone method is causing this issue. Not knowing much about what it is actually doing (I assume some tftp to pull the new firmware, likely), but either the code it is pulling during this method has a problem with it, OR the phone update method does not write the firmware correctly.
I just wanted to point this out and let you know that was about 2 hours of my life I will not get back, and that Wyze may want to take a look at this issue. The fact that I could reproduce it on the second device cinches it for me.