Preventing signal jamming

I am currently experiencing someone locally hijacking & jamming my wireless signal. Has anyone else experienced this form of attack, and are there any solutions I can implement to protect my investment.

Are you positive it is being jammed? If you know by who and can prove it I am sure you could turn them in as it is illegal. I am not sure how to stop it, I have seen people report that it happens to them but have never heard follow ups of what eventually happened.

If you’re talking about the 2.4Ghz spectrum, there is a TON of unintended noise possible. Microwaves, older cordless phones (or older electronics in general), Baby Monitors, RC Toys, Garage Doors, etc. could all be causing you no end of grief.

If you have older electronics around or wireless devices, try disabling them by removing their power and see if your problems persist. Some devices are not good wireless network neighbors - to say the least.

You can also try changing the channel your router is using (1, 6, and 11 being most commonly used) and seeing if a different channel is more resistant to the interference you are experiencing. Some routers detect interference and will actively avoid those channels - you can see if your router has that as an option and enable it as well.

Best of luck in your search!

1 Like

This might be a deauthentication attack.

1 Like

Yup, which is why I started a thread a couple weeks back asking if WYZE supports 802.11w, which secures the 4-way handshake on 2.4GHz WiFi. I’ll let you guess how many replies are in the thread. :slight_smile:

The entire industry is slacking. The 802.11w standard has been around for a very long time yet for some reason nearly nobody has implemented it. WYZE could really differentiate themselves if they did!

https://forums.wyze.com/t/802-11w-management-frame-protection-mfp/161090

1 Like