Pre order shipping update 12/16/20

Preorder Shipment Update #2

Week of 12/16/2020!

Hi there!

My name is Jimmy and I’m a Community Manager here at Wyze. This email is part of a series of preorder shipping status updates that we’ll send out weekly to keep you up-to-date on our journey to get your preordered devices to your doorstep. :package::airplane:

A couple things to keep in mind.

• All of the dates contained in this email are estimates for shipping rather than delivery. This would be when we hand the packages off to the carriers so they can start their trek to your front door!
  • Our carriers tell us that it can take 4-14 business days to get packages to you after they’ve been picked up from our warehouses.
  • If you’re in Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico, it could take up to 2-4 weeks to deliver your packages. We’re working on Wyze Motorized Swimming Fins to speed up the process a bit, preorders start soon!

You’ve got a connection on the inside now! While these estimates could be subject to change, I’ll be transparent with you if we ever become aware of any potential delays or speedups on the horizon. (Who knows? I might even throw in some dad jokes for comic relief purposes. :older_man:) I hope these emails are something you can look forward to every week.

While I’m working to get these updates to you, my ask in return is that you please keep in mind that we’re living in unprecedented times. There’s a LOT of stress on shipping infrastructure and manufacturing processes worldwide right now. Not only are shipping carriers moving unfathomable amounts of packages, but they’re doing so during a pandemic that could shut down both manufacturing and shipping along the way at a moment’s notice. I’m working super hard, but our shipping carriers, internal teams, and our external partners are working even harder. I’d ask you to hug a postal worker or FedEx employee… but we’re in a pandemic. So please just tell them that Jimmy from Wyze appreciates them and so do you.

Anyways, you ready? Let’s get started with this week’s update.

Wyze Cam v3

33% of preorders have shipped.

Orders from October 27th - October 31st

Shipping estimated by 12/19.

Orders from November 1st - November 7th

Shipping estimated by 12/26.

Orders from November 8th - November 21st
Shipping estimated by 1/2.

November 22nd - Present

Shipping estimated to begin in mid-January.

Notes for Wyze Cam v3

In today’s edition of “Of Course This Would Happen”, a shipment of devices was being transported to our warehouses and the truck broke down. :sob: This has thrown off our schedule a bit for orders placed after 11/8. I’m super sorry to keep having bad news for you - our team and our partners are working hard to try to make the shipments that follow as big as we can to counteract this delay.

Since we have an opportunity to realign our estimates, we’ve tweaked things to be a bit more conservative so we have room for minor hiccups like the one above since Midwestern weather isn’t looking great. That being said, I’ve asked around and our supply chain teams think that it’s very likely that we will be able to beat our revised estimates above in some cases (especially for orders placed after November 23rd) so keep an eye out for future updates. Thank you so much for your endless patience, these cams will be worth the wait!

(Please keep in mind that Wyze Cam v3 units are packaged in either multi-packs or individually depending on how many you ordered. Due to this, it is possible that outbound shipments may slightly fluctuate from first-in-first-out depending on the supply of each at the warehouse closest to you.)

Wyze Thermostat

0% of preorders have been shipped.

Wyze Thermostat preorders have just started shipping today!

We are estimating that all preorders will be shipped by Christmas.

Notes for Wyze Thermostat

Things are really heating up for those Wyze Thermostat preorders!

…Not even a giggle, huh? :confused:

Anyway, we’ve just launched the update to the Wyze app that adds support for Wyze Thermostat! Now that this is taken care of, we’re clear to start shipping.

About 65% of the preorder devices are currently in our warehouse and we’re slated to get the rest tomorrow. This means we’ll just have to pack these up and give them to our carriers, which we’re aiming to get done before Christmas. It’s very possible that we’ll even be able to do most or all of these orders by the end of this week!

Wyze Headphones

100% of preorders will have shipped by the end of this week.

We are estimating that all preorders will be shipped by the end of this week.

Notes for Wyze Headphones

We made quick work of a ton of shipments for Wyze Headphones last week, and now we’re on to the final round!

Wyze Headphones will remain in ‘preorder’ for a bit while we build up some inventory and this will let folks buy them at $50 for a little longer. In the meantime, we’re gonna keep planning toward a future general access launch. Stay tuned! :notes:

Wyze Cam Outdoor Starter Bundle

Most preorders have shipped.

We are estimating that all preorders will be shipped by the end of this week.

Notes for Wyze Cam Outdoor Starter Bundles

All remaining Wyze Cam Outdoor Starter Bundles have had their orders sent out for fulfillment as of today! These should ship out by the end of the week. Sorry that this took so long, we ran into a snag getting enough WiFi chips for the Base Stations! :sob:

Wyze Video Doorbell

Preorders have not yet begun to ship.

At this time, we’re estimating that these will begin to ship in early February. We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.

Notes for Wyze Video Doorbells

As we mentioned last week, we’ve found some areas where Wyze Video Doorbells did not meet our standards and we’ve set in place some adjustments to improve the quality of the devices that make their way out to you. While we’ve tried very hard not to delay our timelines with these changes, we’re now feeling that it is safer to estimate early February for shipments to begin.

Note: It is still possible that we may be able to start shipping devices in late January, but we would rather overestimate and potentially overdeliver than the opposite. We’re really sorry about the delay, and we hope that the quality of the devices once they make their way to you makes up for this.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Wyze Robot Vacuum

These little helpers will start shipping in early-to-mid-January. A small portion will ship by the end of this month to early preorderers.

We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once January shipping has begun.

Notes for Wyze Robot Vacuum

Good news! We currently have about 15% of our preorders ready to be sent for processing in our warehouses. Now that the app update has rolled out that adds support for Wyze Robot Vacuum, we’re planning to start shipping this small batch by the end of next week. I’ll keep you posted on timelines via the future updates!

That being said, there will be a few weeks following that first 15% where we will be awaiting additional inventory before we’re able to start shipping more orders. We estimate that additional inventory is coming sometime in early-to-mid-January, after which we will be able to have a steady stream of inventory to get through the rest of the preorders.

Wyze Sprinkler Controller

Shipping starts in mid-to-late January. We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.

Wyze Watch

Watch this space! Wyze Watches are set to start shipping in February. We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.

Wyze Home Monitoring Hardware

The new generation of Wyze Sense is estimated to begin shipping in February or March. We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.

This includes Core Starter Kits as well as additional Entry Sensors, Motion Sensors, and Keypads.

Ordered Wyze Cams with your Wyze Home Monitoring equipment? They’ll ship separately as soon as they’re in stock.

Wyze Plug Outdoor

Our newest Wyze product has entered the mix this week!

Shipments are set to start in January. We’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.
Thanks so much for reading through this! Hope you have a great rest of your week. We’ll be in touch next week if your product hasn’t already shipped!

– Jimmy from Wyze

Wyze

Inst24x24 Yt24x24 Fb24x24 Tw24x24 Website24x24

Contact Us
Support
Ask the Community
Unsubscribe

Wyze Labs, Inc.
3933 Lake Washington BLVD NE STE 350 Kirkland, WA 98033

©2020 Wyze Labs, Inc.

7 Likes

Another week goes by, another week of slippage for some.
Last week he wrote:
Orders from November 1st - November 21st
Shipping estimated by 12/26.
Now:
Orders from November 8th - November 21st
Shipping estimated by 1/2 :frowning:

Hope mine will be part of the first to ship…I pre-ordered the minute the product was launched. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the update! I appreciate these emails and messages to keep up with the status of all my preorders! :smiley:

1 Like

Why is it that order say its been packaged and the label has been created, yet the carrier hasn’t received the package. It been 10 days now…

Creating the label is sometimes considered “shipped”. Then they still have to find the stuff, box it up, contact the carrier, combine the label with the box and hand it to the shipper.

And then they hand it to USPS/FedEx etc.

I had a camera being shipped from Seattle to Fulton, Ms get all the way to Memphis, then return toe Seattle for a weekend, before finally meandering it’s way back to Memphis and down to the next post office at Fulton.

And we are now in the “perfect storm” of shipping - Covid 19 pandemic, Covid 19 vaccine distribution, all the PPE and supplies for Cv19 injection, the millions of us shopping online rather than going to stores, and something called Christmas.

At least we finally got rid of the election mail in voting (except for Georgia).

1 Like

USPS is literally drowning. Their solution is to try and cut corners. One of which is to stop scanning packages up until the last mile. Some hubs also have huge backlogs waiting to be sorted.

I dont work in the amount of volume Wyze does, but I’ve seen entire days worth of USPS shipments show as ‘label created’ up until they changed to ‘delivered’

It sucks, but chances are USPS has your package and its travelling, theres just no way to see it.

1 Like

I just received the Wyze Robot Vacuum.

There’s an App issue. At 8% charge remaining, a popup says to return the Robot to base for charging.

If you return it to base for charging, the App says cleaning complete. The only problem is, it’s not through cleaning!

The website says that the Robot returns to base for charging…I read this AFTER having already manually returned the unit to base.

Which is it? Manual recharging or automatic recharging?

It looks like I’ll have to clear the current map since the robot thinks it’s finished.

Two hours down the drain.