Posts here are for your eyes ONLY!

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to the secret EA clubhouse! In return for your confidence in us and our products, we’ll be giving you information earlier than other customers receive it. You also may see callouts for hardware testing every so often.

Please do not share any information you learn here or through private EA communications (such as emails) out and about. We want to be able to give you inside looks and we’ll be more free to share tidbits with you if we don’t have to worry about them making it out of the secret club. :slight_smile:

Best,

Gwendolyn

94 Likes

11 Likes

Is there a secret handshake and or password we need to know? :joy:

But seriously thanks for the inclusion!

9 Likes

I can’t wait for new tech!!! I’ve also missed the forums. Lol glad to be back.

3 Likes

I am very grateful to be a member of the early access team. And cannot wait until I hear them select me to be a beta tester.

Just waiting for my place in line patiently. And I am being very sarcastic by the way. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m glad you restated this, @WyzeGwendolyn. There were members of this group that posted the EA Lock email we received on the FB Community page.

Hopefully, nobody makes that error again.

12 Likes

Somebody will. There’s always someone that’s willing to bend the rules as far as they can or just outright break them.

4 Likes

Got it!

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m chatting with the team about putting reminders about the information being secret in the emails. Newer people may just be excited and not think about it. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

@WyzeGwendolyn, I am used to working under Non-Disclosure Agreements. Such a beast would be appropriate here.

6 Likes

I’ll share your feedback with the team, @DadCooks. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree with the nondisclosure agreement. I’ve worked on several beta projects that were hardware-based and proprietary materials and electronics were being used so I think you want to protect yourself.

How do you do the @and then the name

4 Likes

It might be hard to make everyone who has backed Early Access sign an NDA, but certainly for alpha testers/hardware testers, it makes sense.

As for @ mentions, you just write @ and then the username, with no space. It will automatically change it into a profile link and notify the person you mentioned.

8 Likes

As @nerdland suggested type an ‘@‘ sign followed by the username. A neat feature is if you type the @ sign and pause the app will prompt you with a list of users in the thread!

5 Likes

@WyzeGwendolyn I agree with the NDA. At least you’d have some recourse for leakers.

3 Likes

I’m happy to sign an NDA. In fact, as part of a beta test, I kind of assumed one would be involved.

4 Likes

I don’t see the difficulty in it personally. It can be sent via email and electronically signed and sent back and that would be considered legal.

2 Likes

It’s just that the way it works now, anyone who backs an early access product gets access to this section of the forum, so you’d basically need to make it part of the e-commerce checkout flow.

2 Likes

I’m tightly seal on a lot of things and that is easy peasy for me.

2 Likes