Possible solution for bricked cameras

Over on facebook beta testers:

Andy Ly

4 hrs

I figured out how to fix v2 cams that have been bricked. The issue when it boots up with a solid yellow light and after about 30 seconds it just goes off and does nothing. Then ends up rebooting over and over again if you keep it plugged in.

The key to fixing the issue is during boot up once the solid yellow light goes off, immediately push the setup button on the camera. The camera will say ready to connect or something to that effect. By going into setup mode it steers the camera away from continuing the normal boot up process which causes it to crash. Right after it says ready to connect you can hold down the setup button for 10 to 15 seconds and it will do a factory reset. You can immediately tell that the subsequent boot up process is a little different because there will be moments of the blue light blinking. Once it boots up it will now blink yellow making it ready for you to set up. Go through the regular setup mode and it should work just fine.

13 Likes

That’s basically what I did when I had one that kept shutting off

my situation is similar but I have a solid yellow lite that is on continually when I hold in the reset button for 20 secs it goes black then it says ready to connect but then it goes black then after a few seconds it is back to solid yellow
Have you experienced this?
once in a while I have seen a blue / yellow blink but it never lasts.

Reads like support ticket time. Does it happen with and SD card in it? If so try without,
Submit a ticket with all known parameters - be sure to note power supply, usb cable - they should be the Wyze ones.

Thanks for the response. no SD card and I am using Wize power supply. I will try support ticket.

Had 4 v2 cams that seemed bricked. In some cases it might be caused by a bad sd card. The bad sd cards were not readable by pc. Try a new micro sd card with firmware file renamed demo.bin.
Instructions for flashing from sd card: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-your-Wyze-Cam-firmware-manually