Position of Spotlight Cam

Can you mount Cam Spotlight on a horizontal surface not a vertical surface?

The Spotlight is normally mounted on a horizontal surface – the top of a V3. It is only really intended to be mounted on a V3 cam though, so other locations would be more difficult. It needs to be close to the cam to get power & control. It is a U-shaped design where it has appendages coming down on both sides, with double-sided mounting tape on the top part between the two sides that come down.

That said, you can mount it on the side of a V3 as easily as the top, but the top is really what it was designed for.

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood the spright. I didn’t realize it was separate from the cam3. So my question is can the can be mounted on a vertical surface. There is no wall where I want to mount it there is only an overhang from the roof.

Robin Colman

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

You can see the design, and approximate size in relation to the size of a V3. So you can mount it anywhere you think you can mount that design. The camera doesn’t care about the spotlight at all; it just sends out a signal to activate it.

Wherever you mount it, it will need to be within about 22 inches of the V3, because that’s the maximum length of the cable when installed.

1 Like

Where can the cam be mounted? Can it be mounted on a horizontal surface?

Robin Colman

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

A V3 cam doesn’t really have a lot of restrictions on how or where you can mount it, other than it has to be within range of an Internet WiFi source, and somewhere where you can run power to it. Even then, some clever users here in the forum have created customized solar panel power sources. You can mount it horizontally or vertically, no problem. I even have one tie-wrapped to a pipe, lol.

1 Like