Position keeps resetting

I move the camera to where I want it to view and a few seconds later it resets back to the original position. Is that the expected behavior? I want to stay pointing where I set it. And not move until I move it.

3 Likes

I have the same issue with my 2 Cam Pans. Asked in the forum but didn’t get useful reply. Opened a ticket for this.

Discovered we can change the default home position by setting waypoint position. The waypoint position selected and saved will become the new home position. If we move the camera to any position, it will go back to this new home position in about 15 seconds.

3 Likes

That is good to know. I will try that. I did not know I set a way point. Must have been when I was trying out the features on the app.

1 Like

That works … thanks catcat

Welcome! But the camera should stay @ the position we move it to instead of going back to home position in 15 seconds.

1 Like

See catcat1386’s later post from the thread below it is the ONLY thing that worked for me to fix this:

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/home-position/#post-184942

Try setting it in the Settings > Detection Settings > Detection zone.
Set the camera where you want it in that screen and it should become the new home position.

3 Likes

What I set…

What I get…

Any suggestions to make it stay where I point it?

I used the directional arrows to position the detection zone I wanted see. I never drew any box.

Thank you CatCat that worked great!!!

The pan cam will not normally reset its position. But once you set a detection zone, it definitely will reset to home after a few seconds for obvious reasons. It’s because you set a detection area to monitor at all times. Make sense?

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Turn off your detection zone

2. Or, in the detection zone setting screen, use the aiming pad at the bottom to set your preferred new home position.

2 Likes

This worked for me.