Portable Display or Viewer (as dedicated Baby Monitor)

I know that many, including myself, use wyse cams as baby monitors. I wish there was a portable display that we could leave with babysitters as well as have on the nightstand at night. I know this would not be anything that would happen soon, but I think this is something that is missing to fully get into that market.

Must have features:
Volume control
turn off display option without killing audio

Ideal features:
2-way audio support
multi-camera/split screen view
white noise maker through camera
battery pack

I use a tablet… But with the latest app 2.0 update when I open the wyzecam app, it keeps crashing on its own. Once they get it to work with the Google Assistant then you can use displays like the Google home hub to display the camera… Hopefully there will not at time limit of viewing the camera though.

Also this post might help…
Suggest me a Good baby monitor?

I’d like to see a “picture frame”-type viewer product that could be placed on a shelf/fireplace mantle or something. The viewer would be configured to either receive a live feed of the camera(s) or simply be refreshed at certain intervals or even refreshed on event triggers.

I’m sure I can come up with something using third-party apps/hardware, but I’m sure a native Wyze-made product would be more slick & reliable.

You could just get a cheap tablet or a phone and use it as a viewer. It might work better than a wyze dedicated product.

Ya, I could - but because of bandwidth issues where I’d want to use this, I only want the frame to periodically fetch updates at given intervals. Plus, given their track record, I’m sure a Wyze product would be even cheaper than a “cheap tablet” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people want extended viewing of a camera within their home network as baby monitors or front door surveillance.

Perhaps Wyze could develop an inexpensive screen, similar to the 7" Fire tablet, to continuously show the stream from a camera. And possibly with an overlay to show alerts and notifications.