Popup Ads in App Really?

Took a long hiatus to come back and complain about the whiners. Very mature of you dad.

2 Likes

I wonder if that person’s surname is Quitchyerbitchin? :smile:

Whatever, paid 20 measly bucks for yer camera and you think you own Wyze… Get a reality check…Lol

You came into a random forum to with your high horse attitude. We are here to advise this company to fix an issue. You have no reason to be reading this thread. Are you really that bored. Quit wasting everyone’s time pops.

1 Like

So let me understand the business model you are suggesting here… We pay money for a product and our reward is excessive advertising via said product?

Sounds like a perverse departure from the traditional model of advertising to generate sales in the first place. Even with iOS or Android apps, once you pay a fee you’re typically spared the ads. TBH, I’d have no issue paying a one-time fee for the Wyze app per device in exchange for a permanent moratorium on in-app advertising on those devices.

You are also failing to acknowledge that Wyze themselves are attempting to curtail the ads (or so they say) but something buggy is persistent in the app.

Most folks here have no qualms with a certain level of advertising. The nature & frequency of late are the genesis to this thread and what we find a distasteful impediment to functionality. The company itself agrees.

Also sounds like you need to focus on what’s really bothering you in life and post someplace where you can get help rather than this ignorant misplaced venting… :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Pops probably runs the advertising agency/engine behind the pop-ups… Stealth lobbying on his own behalf… :smile:

On second thought, he doesn’t actually seem that bright. Perhaps he’s more of a bamboozled in-app advertising pyramid scheme investor making his rounds on the infomercial circuit? :thinking:

1 Like

Haha, you guys have a very active imagination. and big mouths that never shut. İ am done here, so you can go on with your endless whining The ads don’t bother me at all, i can’t however say the same thing for “entitled whiners”. So long…

1 Like

proxy-image(23)

3 Likes

Accuses others of big mouths but always has the last word. Says bye but keeps coming back. Yes, not very bright at all.
We’ll miss you wyze pops. Have fun with those pop ups.

1 Like

He, too, has become one with the borg… another unquestioning drone conditioned to accept ever-deteriorating customer experience as beneficial & inevitable. Ironically, a self-fulfilling prophecy if nobody speaks out as pops suggests. Show me your version of an “entitled whiner” and I’ll show you a neutered serf, Wyzepops.

Since pops likes them so much, Wyze should make it possible to “bank” the pop-ups and donate them to customers more appreciative of the abuse. He can have alla mine… :man_shrugging:

Don’t let the door hitchya where the Creator splitchya…:door: Keep it movin pops, keep it movin… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am sure @Newshound is aware, the screen shots help show WHAT the egregious pop ups are. The shots will be able to help pin down the content of what’s bothersome and hopefully where its coming from. Folks at Wyze know about this and are working on it.

2 Likes

Hey @Omgitstony ,

That post was actually just a caption quote to another user who had chimed-in. We know @Newshound is always on the case… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s all about the money. Hey WYZE, please turn the ads off. If I wanted to buy anything, I would have. I do not need this:

Tell me how to turn off and opt out.

We are normally more lenient in #watercooler than in other forum areas about keeping within the Community Guidelines. However, this thread has started to cross the line. So here is a reminder:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Sometimes We Disagree

3 Likes

where has this thread has started to cross the line, and WHO crossed?

Anyone at wyze paying attention? Can’t be that hard to shut this crap off. I don’t need a reminder every 24 hours. I don’t want it. Quit spamming your customer base. Nice business model.

2 Likes

Just had (3) more including a dang full screen one while viewing events during the past 24hrs… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

U think wyzepops might change his mind and come back to help us? :smile:

I have to remind myself that this is a cheap company that prioritizes on producing as many cheap products as possible and they will relentlessly drill their customers to purchase this and that non-stop. All they care about is profits. They don’t give a crap about such complaints and are laughing at us. I’ll just wait until my cameras burn out and move on to something possibly better. This kind of crap is what gets filtered to your spam folder. Too bad we’re stuck and have to see it every time we check out our vids.

1 Like

HEADS UP:
If everyone in here posting about the pop-up ads, is REALLY interested in getting rid of the popups, then you MUST post your concerns in the “Fix-It Friday” thread. The current Fix-It Friday is located here: https://forums.wyze.com/t/fix-it-friday-10-7-2022/243411/12

IMPORTANT: In order for Wyze to even READ your concerns, you should RE-POST in the CURRENT Fix-It Friday EVERY FRIDAY !

3 Likes