POLL: Wyze Sprinkler Controller Weatherproof Outdoor Enclosure - PVC pipe size

We are finishing up the design for the Wyze Sprinkler Controller’s Weatherproof Outdoor Enclosure.

If you use PVC pipe to hold wires from the controller, please respond with the diameter of the pipes you use!

3 Likes

Mine run down into the ground through 1/2" diameter PVC

1 Like

The enclosure should be able to accept at least a 3/4" pipe since sprinkler wiring can get messy. So I think 2 knockouts on the bottom, 1/2" and 3/4" and a combination knockout on the back which allows you to cut out the center for a 1/2" or the entire knockout for 3/4."

Supplying 1 or 2 knockout plugs would be helpful in case an install location changes.

It’s important to note that some installs have two parallel pvc pipes running to the controller so that should be taken into account when deciding on the number and location of the knockouts.

2 Likes

My existing PVC pipe for power cord is 1 inch.

1 Like

I built a custom enclosure that holds my controller, my manifold, a router, an Alexa, and a speaker all plugged into a surge protector. I have one power line and one water line coming in. 8 water lines and one power cord for a Wyze cam coming out.

1 Like

Great news, but I just ordered this enclosure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDV2F2N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I currently have a flexible pipe going from the existing controller to the ground 1/2".

1 Like

1 inch

1 Like

rather than restrict it to one size or another, you should consider making it 1" and including a 1/2" and 3/4" reducer.

that should cover most if not all situations. And if someone has something weird, making it 1" would give them the flexibility of finding one or more adapters at a hardware store to make it work.

2 Likes

Please consider allowing use of ‘waterproof cable glands’ these provide both the entry into your enclosure as well as strain relief for the cables. They are available in pvc / nylon.

Here is a link to HD:

1 Like

Obit box at Home Depot worked great :+1:

1 Like

Just in case anyone has a problem with knockouts not properly fitting your wires or pipe, there’s a universal solution that works with all plastic enclosures.

Grab a drill bit slightly larger than your PVC pipe and make your own knockout :joy:

Afterwards, fit it with an appropriately sized electrical conduit connector and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Hello, I just bought the controller and got a Orbit box to use it outside. Do you know if your enclosure will be out? This way I can return what I have now. Thanks!

Hi all, thanks for asking. We are aiming for 7/13 as our launch date. I’m very sorry this has been delayed. We are working hard to get this quickly, but various issues have come up and we want to deliver a good product. From my sample Wyze sprinkler enclosure, I can tell you this one’s MUCH more sturdy (and better looking) than any competitors’ I’ve owned before. I hope you all can bear with me on the timeline. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

The orbit box worked great on my install :+1:

1 Like

Which model of weatherproof box did you use?

Manufacture is Orbit.
I believe they only make one model.
It was purchased at Home Depot.

1 Like