[POLL] Stability and Innovation: The Proper Balance

Technology companies balance STABILITY and INNOVATION in the products and services they sell and support. Given that,

I think Wyze should emphasize Stability OVER Innovation:

• 60/40
  • 70/30
  • 80/20
  • 90/10

0 voters

1 Like

Results as of March 2022

Ā 
If you want to promote this poll on the boards (to encourage participation) add a pertinent comment. This sets its status as ā€œnewly updatedā€ and it jumps to the top of the list of topics.

Oddly, an actual vote in the poll has no effect in this respect. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, a full two years and still a pertinent question, I think.

Born out of this exchange:

Keep in mind, at that time Wyze had far fewer products (in public & early-access release.) If someone knows the exact number and what they were, chime in.

Now they have many many. Many. A lot.

Soā€¦ they chose a path, not meekly, but balls-out.

And here we are. :tornado: :star_struck:

Clearly, something went horribly wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Other than image you mean? :slight_smile:

Do you accept the rationale that they have been scrambling to stay alive?

Wyzeā€™ 9/2021 post:

Some forum folk react:

If theyā€™ve been struggling to stay alive itā€™s only because they canā€™t seem to make products that work correctly. Right now they have a giant mess with notifications, AI event tagging, CamPlus etcā€¦ are broken for several people, and thatā€™s only the ones who have posted on this forum. Iā€™m sure there are a bunch more that itā€™s happening to. It has been happening for well over one month with Wyze claiming several times ā€œitā€™s fixedā€ when it hasnā€™t been fixed at all.

I was going to buy a Doorbell and couple of smart plugs but decided against it because why would I want to buy even more broken products from a company that canā€™t even make their main product (cameras) work properly?

If theyā€™re struggling, this is why. Instead of trying to create a million products that donā€™t work, why not just focus on getting their primary product line to work?

Seriously, the broken notifications, AI, CamPlus right after I subscribed to it, going on over a month now without a solution has stopped me from buying more products I was going to buy from them. Whether they hear it directly from the customers or not, their crappy products are losing them customers and sales.

3 Likes

And the beat goes onā€¦