[POLL] Force firmware update? Don't bug me! 🐜

In my experience, when updating firmware, I gain features, have some bugs fixed - but often have new bugs introduced.

I can deal with a devil I know:

The cam operation is STABLE on an older firmware - not perfect, but stable.
I will accept the imperfection and forego any new features or fixes included with later releases.

I can’t constantly be adapting to new devils:

I think it’s unreasonable to expect the average customer to do so.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I object to any requirement that cams run the latest firmware only:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I object to automatic update (push) of cam firmware:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I would accept that cams must run firmware no more than X version(s) removed from current production:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Confidence, recklessness… or urgency?

Word has it that more info is forthcoming. Word had better be right. :confused:

…We will likely push [firmware] updates to outdated devices beginning February 1 through February 15, 2022…

:balloon:

Mostly cloudy with gradual clearing near the coast…

We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

I am one of those who were affected by solid red led symptom when updating the camera
they replaced my camera, and that replacement one also have the same symptom
i asked for another replacement since they are forcing it, hopefully this time I can run the latest firmware

1 Like

Ugh. I tread lightly around updates and it has served me well but I understand Wyze’ motive to get everyone and everything (as nearly as possible) on the same page.

Hope to hell they’re capable of accomplishing it. it looks like they’re damn the torpedoes! to try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fake gwendolyn here lol.

So from a developer perspective, there’s something the developer feels everyone needs to have, and some won’t get the update. That’s a bad feeling as the developer knows they really should have it for security or breakage or whatever.

It gets convoluted and other issues are present if they did security updates separately or whatever.

When they have several things all connected to each other, it gets into a crazy place without forced updates.

Instead they should fix any issues that cause updates to go poorly so that people can’t complain about it as much.

1 Like

My take from a few months ago. :slight_smile:

While I’m waiting, I’ve been reading Larry Fink’s ‘It’s the Capitalism, Stupid.’

Not that comforting and nothing new in there.