plugged in all the time?

wyze-cam

New to WYZE . I have a couple of the little cameras. Do I have to keep them plugged into a power source all the time? I thought I saw on the videos that they were just sitting on a counter.

Thanks,

Debby

Yes ,you have to keep them plugged into a power source all the time , there is no batteries in them

so on the video the camera is on the kitchen counter and is pointed at a dog. no cords are coming out of the camera. so this is just for show?

also do you by chance know if I can also see my camera on my lap top or just my cell phone?

Thanks

I don’t know where you saw that video, but yes, it was likely staged that way to show a clean appearance. As HDRock says, the camera has no battery. So if it’s not plugged in, then it’s just a cute paperweight. It is possible to power the camera with a standard USB power bank. In the support section (link at top of this page), there is info on how long various size power banks could be expected to power the camera.

At this time, you can only view the camera’s video on an Android or iOS cellphone or laptop. Wyze is considering the request for web server access, but has not announced any such plans. The only known workaround at this time is to run the TinyCam Pro app on an Android device and use it’s built in web server feature to send the video to a computer web browser.