Plug version 2 drops connection

Recently installed a version 2 plug, in addition to my 7 version 1 plugs.
Twice over the last 6 weeks or so it dropped it’s wifi connection. Unfortunately this time I am one thousand miles away on vacation so have not been able to reconnect. Last time I had to treat it as a first time install to get it back online. There are several other version one plugs within 8 feet and they did not fail. My version one plugs NEVER reconnect after a power outage/router reboot so power out was not the cause.
Thoughts?
Thanks

1 Like

We use to use the Wyze plug,but there crap when the internet drops the plugs will never sink back,so we wend to gosund wifi plug and they work great with no issues

Search the forum and you will find multiple posts on this.

1 Like

Firmware glitch on V2 Plugs that make them go offline randomly. They are aware of the issue, but have not developed a sure-fire fix yet.

1 Like

All of my version 1 plugs do not reconnect after a power outage/router reboot. My Kasa and Wemo plugs do not have that issue. But I have a fondness for Wyze, have a ton of there stuff so have been sticking with them :yum:

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

They offered me replacement V2 plugs, I explained “it is a firmware issue, that will not fix it”

I would take the free plugs and sit on them until this issue is fixed. WYZE support isn’t up to speed on this issue…STILL!

1 Like

Actually, that may fix it, depending on what version firmware production is putting on new plugs. Usually it’s older than the current firmware. However, if you get them, don’t update to the current version of FW (for now).

1 Like