Plug bug in the mobile application

Wyze Plug Model: WLPP1CFH
iOS App Version: v2.23.23
iOS Version: 14.8
iPhone Model: iPhone Xr

There is a display issue when turning on the plug from the mobile app.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Wyze app and tap home.
  2. Tap the “off” circle for the plug.
  3. Problem: The text within the circle will briefly change to “On” but then go back to “Off”.

However, there is power to the plug. I confirmed this by noticing the device that was plugged into the plug was on. Also, if you tap the plug icon and view the plug’s main page, it correctly shows the plug is “On”. It is only on the home screen where it incorrectly displays as “Off”.

Happy to retest this if you release a fix. Finally, please let me know if you need any more information.

Best from Boston,

I could not confirm that - however I am on a newer app version.
iPhone 8 with iOS 15.0 and app version 2.25.11
On and off working fine on my Outdoor plugs on both Android and my %$&^*@ iPhone

I suggest that you update your app to the most current one 2.24.52 (September 16, 2021)
2.23.23 is from August 12, 2021

Hi @HDRock HDROck, I updated to the latest app and the problem still exists.

Hi @K6CCC - Appreciate the info. Maybe it is specific to the indoor plug?

What is your app version number on your app now?

I cannot replicate the issue with 2.24.51 on Android , could be an apple issue.
You can try uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that might fix it

@HDRock ,

v2.24.52. I just tested it again and the problem still exists. Luckily, it is just a cosmetic issue.

Best,

This is a problem with my WYZE Plug Outdoor as well. Plug Firmware 12.0.216. iOS app version V2.26.21. Tapping the "On/Off circle on the plug name list results in switching of the plug, but the “On/Off” circle only briefly changes to on and then reverts to off. Indicator lamps on the plug do not work correctly either.

If I select the plug name and use the large I/O button on the next screen, everything works correctly. Going back to the plug name list, indicators “On/Off” are correct.

1 Like

I just installed a new plug and have the same issue. And the support Robot is an idiot.

1 Like

Same annoying issue, hope to see a fix.

1 Like

This appears to be working now. Will you please retest?

Wyze Plug v2 (WLPP1CFH)
iOS version 15.3.1
Wyze app version 2.28.0 (a11)

The Wyze plug now seems to be working as it should in the App. You can turn it on and off from the mobile app home screen and it shows the correct status.

1 Like