Please show us some of the creative ways you've hidden your outdoor Wyze cam?

I’m curious, what are some of the creative ways you’ve hidden your outdoor Wyze cam away from the eyes of vandals.

Bought a dummy camera for $13 bucks, gutted it and put the wyze camera inside

1 Like

Beware of Doug? :rofl:

2 Likes

How’s this?!

1 Like

I wish wyze would make covers to camouflage the cameras so that it blend in with the surrounding area

2 Likes

now that looks like a factory job! where did you get the housing from?

1 Like

It’s 3D printed. I paid $1.99 for the file, downloaded it and then printed out several for use around the outside of the house.

Nice! What 3D printer do you have? I’m in the market but have never used one before

I’m running the Ender 3, like it so much that I bought a second one.

1 Like

now that looks like a factory job! where did you get the housing from?

Yea I was leaning towards the Creality stuff! Good to know you like it

I was thinking of a vintage camera :camera:. Looks good as interior decoration, and doesn’t block the lens at all. I have roommates/tenants. I own the house, but I don’t want them to feel like I’m invading their privacy, but I want to be able to keep tabs on the common areas in case something ever happens.

Repurposed a hobby lobby birdhouse. Nobody notices it!

1 Like

Nice disguise. :+1:

Not to over think it, I just tucked it under the eve along the walkway to my front door. Great view of my Ring doorbell and a better view of anyone leaving the porch.

1 Like

If it’s accessible, trying to hide it is probably a good idea. However, if it’s mounted up high out of reach I think putting them out there in plain sight is great idea. Visible cameras are a good deterrent, IMO.

I have a v3 mounted in my trash can screen. Powered by Poe . I also have a wifi extender on the front porch.

1 Like

Trash can screen

2 Likes

Hello. May I ask how do you have the camera mounted to the screen? Did you use tape? I’m thinking of getting a wooden crate planter and doing something similar to what you did but I can’t think of how I would attach it to the wood.

You could make a small shelf on the inside that the camera would sit on, that is mounted so that the camera lens would be level with whatever hole it is pointed out of.

1 Like