Please get rid of discover

Don’t take it away from the rest of us.

@ZodiacSam, depending on your phone’s OS, you can enable sharing to twitter from the share menu. For example, on iPhone, tap the share menu on a motion clip. Scroll over to the right and tap “More”. There you will see an option to add twitter to the share menu.

1 Like

No, just no.

I agree entirely.

I bought this product, at a very good price, to perform a camera monitoring system.

May I suggest these non-monitoring items be put on the account homepage of the camera application? This way when people go to their account they can see social things, shop for more product, go to this forum and other good ideas.

Please focus on continuing to improve the actual physical camera, user interface, delightful features and functions. Thank you Tim,.,

1 Like

I see the cameras as their flagship products and unfortunately, we can’t get a public-facing bug/issue list. Flagship products should have very few, if any issues. I wrote that post shortly after giving the V2’s as small Christmas gifts and then being blindsided with v2 of the software, so I was less than happy. One of the gifts had to be exchanged and I’m not exactly enthusiastic about checking on their progress, one is still in the box and the other has turned off notifications and only plans to check it if something goes missing. These are busy people and they just don’t have time to screw around with issues, or watch other people’s videos. Adding Discover to the main page instead of delivering a solid flagship product? I just wish it was getting better.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Font/icon color and size in the app

Since we’re talking UI, I might as well mention something UI-related.

On an iPad, Apple made the screen corners less sensitive. That’s a documented fact. The reason is to prevent “false” touches. Unfortunately, the iOS version of the WYZE app’s back button is there.

I sometimes have to hit that button several times before it to registers.

The button itself can remain the same size, but the “active area” can be made bigger. This is a common approach. I’ve used this approach myself in my own projects.

That is how I have approached it. I am not interested in sharing videos or seeing videos from other users. So I don’t tap that option.

2 Likes

I enjoy watching some of the videos but I never tap on that discover in the app, videos are available elsewhere I would rather view them on my 15 inch laptop then a little dinky phone screen

2 Likes

I feel the same way. Have the option to remove please! Shop and Discover is not needed or it should have the option of turning off or removing.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with it. It’s useful for some people, let it stay.

Personally, I’m not interested in it, so I don’t click it. It’s not like it’s in your face and occupying major screen space. It’s a small button. Ignore it.

There are so many more important app issues that need to be addressed.

2 Likes

It’s a super-fun distraction, lol. Don’t click it if you don’t want that. :+1:

2 Likes

I like it personally. If they removed Discover, how can I watch the squirrel do a suicide jump down to the bird feeder? This is free entertainment! We could rename it WyzeTube! :grin:

3 Likes

I go check out some vids every once in awhile, it’s not in the way, I don’t see any reason to remove it

1 Like

Add my vote to get rid of the Discover “feature” in the app. Why? 1. Its creepy, makes me think you guys are watching me! 2. Waste of bandwidth, not all of us have “all you can eat” phone plans. 3. Sucks up RAM and CPU cycles, not all us us have the latest phone with GB of extra RAM and the fastest CPU. 4. How can you not see that its creepy? You ARE watching me! 5. If people really want to see how-to videos, host them on YOUR website, not on MY phone.

Wyze isn’t watching you. The videos featured in Discover are submitted by users.
Bandwidth, CPU and RAM are not used unless you choose to watch a video.
The videos are on a Wyze server, not on your phone.

4 Likes

@ZodiacSam in addition to what @Loki mentioned about the share menu, on most platforms now you can do some version of split screen or multitasking, which allows you to have your favorite media platforms not only a click away but that click can put you actively into your media space. I’m on IOS and use this constantly on my devices. I agree
wholeheartedly that the app should not become a social media tool but have no complaint about access being available. Just not taking up valuable primary space needed for the functionality of the Wyze System, which is getting larger and more complex with the addition of new products and features. ( which I personally love)

I also agree with @milehiguy, and have made this point in product testing, about the lack of contrast in places between fonts and background. It’s not just’ old eyes’, it’s the vast majority of eyes with less-than-perfect function.

@tfjield and others have commented on the use of Wyze resources on one area while there are admitted problems/ improvement to be dealt with in others. A growing company has to grow in many directions, not in a straight line, and that means allocation of resources becomes a critical issue - one rarely solved to everyone’s satisfaction.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the discover button removed just for the fact that the content hasnt been updated since Dec. The button is taking up UI real estate, perhaps something more useful could go there? Like a link to forums.

I lkke that idea, a link to forums instead of discover.

1 Like

This has been a sticking point for me ever since the feature was added to the Wyze app.

The Wyze app’s purpose is to control and manage the devices effectively and efficiently. It’s really not a social hub or shopping app - we have Facebook and Amazon for that, thanks. Featuring these tabs so prominently makes the app feel “unprofessional” and cluttered.

I think it’s important to realise that Wyze is moving away from an early adopter audience to a more mainstream one. These new customers do not find as much value in these features as the highly involved early adopters.

My suggestion would be to make the tabs editable - allow them to be hidden and rearranged according to customer preference.

As soon as the Wyze stream can load in the Google Home app I’m going to uninstall the Wyze app for simple reason of these unnecessary tabs being in my way. Perhaps it’s just me… But I appreciate simplicity and efficiency as opposed to novelty features.

I actually posted it here a while back:
Remove discover/shop tabs

2 Likes