Please allow locking of the "Wyze Lock Bolt" with fingerprint not Just unlock

Is there a reason for this behavior?
If I have known I had to use my passcode to lock the door it would have affected my buying decisions. Auto-lock after a set time is not an option because this door is often propped open and I don’t want the dead bolt locking itself when the door is propped open.

[Mod Note]: Topic moved from Wishlist to this Home category as request is satisfied by existing functionality.

Make sure you vote for your Wish. It does not automatically apply your vots

@djsun1

I believe you should be able to lock this without using the passcode, just hit the lock button and it should lock.

6 Likes

As JasonJ said, I just hit the lock button and it locks without a passcode or fingerprint. It’s only unlock that requires a passcode or fingerprint. The lock button works with a single press of it anytime.

If yours is not doing that, I would reach out to support to do some troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Does locking via the Lock button satisfy your need or do you still require locking via fingerprint?

If the Lock button works for you, I’ll close this wishlist topic.

Update: Topic moved from Wishlist to Home category as request is satisfied by existing functionality.

3 Likes

I apologize for the question I was new to the product I was not aware there was a “lock button”

2 Likes