Please add (Sell) spare parts for all products

It would be nice if there was a way to buy spare parts for all the cameras so those of use who want to tinker with the hardware, can do so without having to worry about buying a whole new camera should something go wrong.

While I don’t know the inner workings of the Wyze company eg the company doesn’t actually assemble anything it more of just a middle man.

If you’re actually assembling the cameras yourself, then it would be better for the bottom line if people had to buy new cameras should they break something while tinkering.
But …
If would actually be better for the bottom line if you sold spare parts for a few reasons.

You would actually make more money per cam by parting out the ones that get returned for defects. There’s no money to be made in selling refurbs and who wants them anyway.

It would free up inventory for when you move onto the next iteration of cams.

It’s good from a consumer perspective.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

At $20 per camera, there’s probably little point. price of a part + shipping means you could just buy a new camera and use the broken one for parts.

Great idea @ryan.bonner! I do agree with @krsexton that it may not be doable due to the profit margins of the Wyze products, but I would love to see it if it’s doable!
As a side note:
Wyze support is available by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
They can help to troubleshoot any devices that aren’t functioning properly and can issue replacements if need(and device is under the warranty).

Finally, don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item @ryan.bonner and anyone else who creates a #wishlist item in the future!

1 Like

I recently moved and forgot to grab my smart lock keypad mounting plate off the wall. I have the keypad itself but no mounting plate. It would be great if wyze would sell assorted parts that might break often or in my case get forgotten and I need a new one now.

Thanks.

1 Like

As the full camera is only $20 the parts, individually, SHOULD be next to nothing. Main components are easy to access and replace. Would make the product a little greener and boost the VERY supportive userbase