Playback not Available W/Cam Plus , Says Micro SD Not Found ,Not Using SD Card

I have 3 V3 cameras with paid Cam Plus subscription . When trying to view playback for all cameras I get A message that says " Micro SD Card Not Found"," And prompts to Shop for a SD card . I am not using a SD card , never have .
Funny thing is I can view playback on my wifes phone . I have gone through all of the event settings and checked all appropriate boxes .
If I stay on the home page and click on “events” at the bottom, I am able to view all events , just cant view events from the camera "View Playback " button on bottom .

Cam Plus events will always be found in the “Events” tab.

“Playback” should always be about the SD card, and is not supposed to ever work if you don’t have an SD card.

Since you don’t have an SD card, avoid clicking on playback, it isn’t supposed to work for you. Instead always go to the Events tab since that’s where all the cloud videos are stored.

4 Likes

Ok I see . It used to work by clicking on View Playback . I just Did a little troubleshooting . Like I said , it was working on my wifes phone . I had just done a update on my phone app and thats when view playback stopped working . I went ahead and did the update on my wifes phone and now I can only view playback on the Events Tab . Changed how I view playback after the update . I thought something was wrong but now I know how to do it .
Thank you very much for the response . Got my seeing how it is supposed to work .

1 Like

That is interesting that it was doing that on your Wife’s phone. It was definitely a glitch/bug. I can totally see how that would be confusing when it was doing something different between your phone and hers. I would’ve reported it too.

If it starts working in Playback again without an SD card, you should submit a log for it and chime back in so we can have someone find out why it is doing that. Thanks for mentioning it.

2 Likes

Same exact issue for me. App updated yesterday and now I have lost the ability to view prior event recordings. I’m a plus member and have no SD card. All events were viewable until yesterday.

1 Like

rjansen222 - just a little clarification, please.

Viewable by tapping the Event tab and then recorded item?
Viewable by tapping the Event tab and then recorded item and then Livestream?
Viewable by tapping the camera on the Home tab and then tapping View Playback?

The only button I see currently is View Playback

Viewable by tapping the Event tab then recorded videos should come up . Click on the video you want to view and it should start playing.

There is no events tab. Literally the only option is View playback

1 Like

The events tab is only available on the home screen, not the camera live view.

3 Likes

I see it now. I guess that changed with the iOS update. All good - thanks!!!

1 Like

“I guess that changed with the iOS update.”

Nope. That’s how it has worked since day 1.

2 Likes

HI All,

In v2.31 when you click on “View Playback” button on Live stream, if you do not have SD card inserted you will see a pop up message for SD card not found.

“View Playback” button on Livestream is primarily to access SD card footage.
All the events on cloud can be accessed from the Events tab (Bottom of Home page on the App).

4 Likes

WyzeNoopur has it right. Worked for me exactly as described. It was driving me crazy!

1 Like

Why did you change this?
It’s very frustrating!
Why make us go to home tab now to view events?
It worked fine in live cam view and to then click on events from there.
Why change it?
Now it tells me I need an SD card.
Why even keep the events option there if it takes me to shop for a card?
Please bring back old format.

1 Like

@infoguy - Yes! We are working on getting the old message back. You will be able to see that message in the next app version.
Until then, you can access all your events in the “Events” tab.

3 Likes

Was curious about this feature… Found this wishlist item:

I agree :100:. Very frustrating. I have 2 camera, one with an SD card and one without. The playback option does not work in the came with the SD card and I get a message to install a card on the camera without it. No sense in doing that if the other doesn’t lwork.

Hopefully they will get this resolved quickly.

Is it possible to roll back the updates so we can get our playback prior to you guys figuring it out?

1 Like

Provided your cam is capable of a FW Manual Flash, see below.

However, was it the FW update or App update that caused the change? Noopurzokarkar’s first post indicates it was an app update. You can try to uninstall the app and install an older version from a mirror site like APK: