Playback microSD footage on shared camera

It appears that I can only payback microSD footage on a camera if it is set up on my account, but not if it is a camera shared with me. Is that correct?

1 Like

That is correct. See the video here:

https://www.wyzecam.com/how-can-i-share-wyzecam-with-other-users-pan/

“Shared users don’t have access to features that use the microSD card.”

Future software updates will provide more detailed control over features available to shared users. I do not know if that includes access to the microSD card, nor has timing of the release of these features been announced.

1 Like

This is very disappointing. We share our cameras in our family, and we all need access to the SD playback.

10 Likes

The simple solution is to log the family member’s Wyze app into the “master” account rather than have a separate account. It is allowed to have multiple devices logged into the same account and even accessing the same camera at one time.

1 Like

Yes, but this is not ideal for many reasons, the top being that I personally have access to cameras at my grandmothers house, which we use to make sure she hasn’t fallen. I don’t want to give that access to my husband. My grandmother would be incredibly uncomfortable with that, for obvious reasons, and I’m not interested in violating her privacy.

7 Likes

At this time, the only solution for that situation for that is to attach cameras to different Wyze accounts and log in and out of the app for each group. Other than that, I’m afraid you’ll have to be patient and wait for the implementation of shared user permissions, which is coming sometime down the road (but I don’t know when).

RickO, my neighbor just stopped me at the curb and this “signing into the same account” came up. She has a Wyze camera and the app is installed on her husband’s phone. Is there a link to instructions I could send her or is it just a matter of her installing the app and signing in? Will that initiate the push notices to her phone also?

Yes, she just has to install the app and sign in with her husbands account. She will then be able to view SD card footage. She will also get push notifications for any cameras that have them enabled. Also whichever of them mute notifications app-wide will apply to the other.

If notifications remain activated on Wyze’s end (in the app), each of them could still mute notifications using their phone OS’s notification settings for the app. At least I know this is possible in iPhones Settings App. I would assume it would be similar for Android.

Has there been any movement on this issue?

1 Like

Any update on this? I have multiple cameras installed and want to share 1 camera per user with playback access

2 Likes

Any updates on this feature request?

2 Likes

Having the same problem, and updates?

2 Likes

Hi WYZE admins… Love the cameras, functionality and support. As others have said. The lack of playback for shared accounts on a particular camera is necessary. I have 6 cameras in my setup but I I want to share only one (at my mother-in-law’s) with certain family members. Hopefully, this issue is being addressed.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hi there. I’d like to be able to have my wife see SD footage on her device. How can this be done? Can you please allow an update to have this feature? It doesn’t make sense to only have one parent view SD footage. LOVE THE CAMERA but really would love to see this update. Thanks

4 Likes

Any update on this? I think that Wyze users are screaming for this update to come… Please include the playback mode on shared users.

3 Likes

I would keep an eye on the wishlist topic for that information and updates, rather than this thread.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/multiple-users-permissions-for-shared-users/6671/2

2 Likes

Everyone please continue the conversation in the topic @Omgitstony pointed out. Closing this topic because it is on Wishlist where it can be voted on at the top-left.

4 Likes