Playback is gone on outdoor can and base station now that subscriptions are offered?

Please fix the playback asap. I am still waiting for the playback to be returned on the outdoor cam as well as the base station.Please do this asap or refund my money! This equipment is garbage without the playback function. And NO! I do not want to subscribe! That is why I own so many Wyze devices. A coincidence that playback is gone now that Wyze is offering subscriptions. I am very disappointed to say the least. I also bought Wyze devices for many friends and family over the years. I won’t be doing that anymore if this doesn’t get fixed asap!
I have a disabled adult living with me and having playback could mean life or death to this person. Wyze can’t just take away a function that the devices were sold to do! Why do I own the base station? I was told the cam would back up to it as well a the doorbell I bought. I feel like I am being squeezed into buying a subscription. There must be something legal in this, especially when I bought it for someone’s safety and those features were taken away after the devices were in place.
Fix it. Soon. Please.

3 Likes

The WYZE Cam Outdoor (Battery Powered Camera) and the Base Station have never had “Playback” since day one. If you want event videos to show up on the app event page you need to sign up for Cam Plus Lite. Pay what you want or use the custom amount and type in $0.00 (This means FREE). You will get 12 second event videos and person detection. Don’t sign up, no videos. See below: This is the events page on the app and it contains all the event videos that are considered cloud recordings and they are on the WYZE servers, not in the camera or the base station.

Directions:

3 Likes

No, you are wrong. I had playback on both the cam and the base station with my microSD!
Are you telling me that I can sign up for the Cam Plus and not pay for anything ever? This will never change?
Antonius, check your information. I had playback, was told it was an error that would be fixed.
Cindy

Sorry I do not need to check my information. I have been using a Base Station and 4 battery powered outdoors cams since October 2020 and there has never been “Playback” the the base or the cameras. You can get playback for a v2 or V3 camera if it has an SD card in it and the cam is set to record to the camera. If you put an SD card in the WYZE Cam Outdoor and you are doing scheduled event recording you can do play back form the camera album. Are you doing scheduled event recording to an SD card in the camera? If you are you should have stated that you can no longer playback events from the SD card on the WCO.
https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037595072-Scheduled-Recording-on-Wyze-Cam-Outdoor

2 Likes

This is from the scheduled events from a WCO Album. You have to download them to your phone/device photo/video album before you can open and play. Also video I just downloaded from another cam that was doing scheduled recording on 6/08/22.

1 Like

Felipa (Wyze)
Jun 18, 2022, 7:06 AM PDT
Thank you for getting back to us, Cindy.

This is Felipa from Wyze Support Team. I hope you are having a fantastic day today!

I understand that you cannot access your playback with your Wyze Base Station and we do apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. No worries, I am here and I will do my best to resolve your issue today.

As per checking, we have detected a bug in the app that disabled the MicroSD card backup function on the Wyze Base Station. Our Engineers are working on a fix and we will release a new update that will fix this specific issue.

I will be asking for one more favor from you. We need help in getting the App Log ID for our system engineers’ reference for the investigation and in getting a fast resolution.

Here are the instructions to send us your app log:

1. In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > tap Submit a Log > select the affected device or service > select the relevant issue category.
  2. Enter any relevant details or associated support ticket request IDs in the Details section. You can also tap the + icon to add any relevant pictures or videos.
  3. Make sure the Send log files option is checked to ensure the logs are included.
  4. Tap Submit.

You can also submit a log through individual devices by tapping on the Product > Device Settings > Wyze Support > Submit a Log.

These logs are sent directly to our engineering team to use for further investigation. These logs cannot be accessed or followed by our support team. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs but it’s still very much in progress.

Rest assured they are looking into the root cause to integrate what was lacking in our system. We don’t have an estimated time frame on when this will be resolved since the resolution is being tested before being released to make sure there are no additional issues. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thank you for your time and patience. Have a great day and please be safe always! Don’t forget to always put a smile on your face.

Best regards,

Felipa | Wyze Wizard

1 Like

I Had playback on both my cam and the Base Station. They are now gone. Why else would there be an SD slot in both?
You have the wrong information.

Nope :grin: So tell me exactly what is the procedure for doing “Playback” from the SD card in the Base Station without taking the card out and putting it in a card reader or a PC to view. I’ll be taking a nap while you figure it out.

Antonius,
This is exactly what I am trying to get you to understand.
There used to be a playback option on the screen just like on the Wyze cams I have all over my house.
It is gone.
I want it back.
It is the reason I bought these items. I have used Wyze since the very first camera had not even been released, so obviously before you. There was a playback option on the app for the outdoor Base Station!
There is no need for you to become sarcastic.
Certainly Wyze is a business that maintains professionalism.
I have an email from Filipa confirming that there is an issue.
When you wake from your nap, check into this to be sure that you are not wrong and then I will decide if I will accept your apology.
Cindy

I can confirm that my 4 WCOs, 2 of which I preordered, have never had “PLAYBACK” like the other cams. This is because the WCO is battery powered and doesn’t have continuous recording.

If the support agent assured you there’s a fix coming, why did you come to the forums?

What are you wanting to accomplish, events are in the events tab when you sign up for CPL, and scheduled or manually initiated recording is in the More > Album.

1 Like

Nope :grin: Since the Base and Cameras were released in July 2020 and the app support for the WCO was added 0n 7/29/20 you may have been using the WCO for a 2 whole months before me. :upside_down_face: Did they remove the app playback option for the Base in August or September 2020?
I will agree with one thing is that there has been and may still be issues in the app that say no SD detected in the Base, or you can’t turn on backup to the base via the camera event settings but I have none off those issues as per by base station SD card screen shot above.

Make life easy for yourself and get the Cam Plus Lite for FREE. Will it stay that way forever? You have to ask WYZE.

I got my cameras via pre-order.

1 Like

Felipa is talking about the backup of events, not the 24-hour recording that is accessed by the Playback buttons on the fixed-view V2 and V3 cameras.

Like everyone has been saying, there is no 24-hour playback feature on the Outdoor cameras. They are battery-powered, and thus the emphasis is on battery life, not 24-hour recording. The cameras sleep until movement is detected by the PIR sensor. Then they wake up just long enough to record that movement, and go back to sleep.

No one who has responded to your thread works for Wyze, including me. This is a user-to-user forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The outdoor cam backed up to the Base Station where it had a playback option. Mine absolutely had that option when I purchased them.

Yes, the Outdoor cam backed up small Events to the Base Station.

So let’s approach this from a different angle in case there is a misunderstanding of what you mean – do you have an old screen capture or other proof that 24 hr playback was once offered? Or do you just want to get back the small event backup capability? Maybe that would help us narrow this issue down.

2 Likes

I am using iOS 15.5 on my devices. iOS app 2.32.0 (20).
Base Firmware is 4.16.3.1174 , WCO cams firmware is 4.17.4.124 and they are all on Cam Plus lite. Three of the four have backup to the base turned on, I turned the fourth cam backup off, I’m doing scheduled recording to SD in the cam. As of 3 min. ago the SD in the Base has 2.70 GB on it, that is 2700 megabytes. Each 12 second event is usually 1MB in size or less. If I want to see what is on the card I have to eject it from the base station and put it in my PC to view, it has been that way since October 2020.

Yes, it did backup Events to the Base Station SD card. That is what Felipa from the Wyze Support Team confirmed as a bug. That bug may have already been fixed.

Regardless, there has never been a playback option to view these Base Station SD recordings from the Wyze app. The code to do so has not been developed.

Please define “playback”. Are you simply looking for a way to view your Cam Outdoor’s event videos like these?

What we need to know is… how are you trying to “play back” a video? Where in the app are you expecting to initiate playback? What button/icon/label are you expecting and where should it be located? If you could answer these questions and share some screenshots, it may help clear up misunderstandings.

1 Like

Lots of helpful people here! Thank you. When my outdoor cam recorded an event, it would back it up to the base station where I would get a playback button just like on the other indoor cams. I need to have events recorded, no matter how long to be able to view what was happening in my yard. I was able to do this for quite a long time until subscriptions came in play. I just formatted my SD card thinking that was the problem, so no I don’t think I have any screen shots. Thanks everyone!

I believe she is talking about the “View Playback” button that is available on Cam v1, v2, v3 and Cam Pan have. There is no “View Playback” button on Cam Outdoor, it never had that button, EVER…

As @Antonius has been patiently trying to explain to her there Never Has Been “View Playback” on Cam Outdoor, only 12 sec event videos IF you sign up for Cam Plus Lite and also register the device.

Then what is the use for the base station? All events used to be sent there to view. The base station only interferes with signals at the router now. I have it unplugged because it is less than useless. I understood the doorbells were to use the base station too, but it ses Wyze found a new way to make money. I am in the process of changing over to a different system.

Sadly, that I can’t help you with. When I bought my Cam Outdoor, I also bought the SD card to go with it. I have since moved the SD card to an indoor cam because I can’t figure out what it’s used for on the outdoor cam… I get 12 sec videos with or without the card as part of Cam Plus Lite. However, I do like the Cam Outdoor model for its versatility, even if I can only see 12 sec videos through the “Events” tab at the bottom of the Wyze App. Honestly, I haven’t put in the research to learn the use of the SD card with Cam Outdoor because I am currently happy with how it is working. I am now using the SD card to have full videos using the “View Playback” button on an indoor model (v2). Unfortunately, due to battery limitations, “View Playback” is not, nor ever has been available on Cam Outdoor - many smarter people than me have been patiently explaining :slight_smile:

FYI - I use Cam Plus Lite on my (4) indoor Cams. I chose to pay Wyze $2 / month. You can do it for free if you like :slight_smile: I am also going to subscribe to Cam Plus for 1 camera: my Wyze Cam Outdoor so that I can have full length videos on my (1) outdoor camera. That will be another $1.25 per month and I am good with that. Don’t forget: Those services cost $$$ for them to maintain and they do not make that much on the sale of their equipment. Remember, while I chose to pay them $2/month for Cam Plus Lite to maintain a service I like and was getting for free, you have the option to continue receiving it for free if you like!

One last thing: I do not begrudge ANYONE for not paying for Cam Plus Lite. Wyze has been more than generous in continuing to offer this option to its community. I do find it a little off-putting when people complain about paying a minimal fee for their full service. Those services are expensive, you think Wyze gets those servers to maintain our videos for free? Look at any other company, see what they charge for equipment and then add on exorbitant monthly fees to maintain their service.

In a nut shell: Get yourself Cam Plus Lite for all indoor cameras for FREE. If you have a Wyze Cam Outdoor, you will need to pay a minimum of $1.25/month per camera if you want full length videos and not 12 sec clips - which you can still get for FREE :tada: :star_struck: :tada:

I hope my limited experience has helped a little.

1 Like