Playback freezes

support

V2 camera, app version 1.4.8. livestream works fine for indefinite period. Switching to view playback results in either an immediate frozen frame or playback for 8-12 seconds and then freeze. Can see Kbps monitor sink to zero. Switch back to livestream, works fine. Once playback freezes, scrolling to other points in the timeline does nothing, app remains frozen at 0 Kbps. This happens in both continuous play and record event modes, with the one distinction that in record events mode the app will state “no video available” for times when no motion was recorded even if playback has frozen. Judging from the speed monitor, the camera seems to stop streaming in playback mode after 0-12 seconds.

Does it do this if immediately after switching to playback, you scroll back to a past time mark?

It does this under every scenario I’ve been able to think of, including the one you describe. And once it freezes, scrolling to a different part of the timeline makes no difference: the last frozen frame & 0 Kbps remains displayed. Switching to live feed resumes streaming, then switching back to playback sometimes initiates the same cycle (play for 8-12 seconds, then freeze) but sometimes simply returns to the last frozen frame.

I think the first step to troubleshoot this will be to reformat the SD card.

Ok will do.

I’ve been having some variety of the same playback issues on my one V2, and, three V1s. The V2 includes the microSD card sold by Wyzecam. In all cases so far, some combination of “bouncing” a camera, re-formating of the card, etcetera, resolves the issue.

I’m a little disappointed with the QA team at Wyzecam. They have the tools and capabilities to identify and fix these issues, whereas, the consumers don’t have time to do a complete professional assessment of the issue to report back to Wyzecam.

As such, I’m beginning to wonder if the cameras should automatically bounce themselves, and, re-format their microSD cards on a regular interval. I just want these cameras to be more reliable.