Playback Feature - Jump to Notification Events

The ability to navigate directly to a notification event is an obvious and necessary feature that is missing from View Playback mode in the Wyze smartphone app. It is extremely annoying having to physically attempt to finger scroll to the ‘exact’ point where a notification event took place. Most people just don’t have the dexterity. You usually end up scrolling past the event many time. Then finally, you end up scrolling 2-5 minutes before the notification event, just to make sure you don’t miss it. Then you just sit there and wait. Very frustrating.

Wyze knows the exact time of the notification event, so it would be a 5 minute software programming update for them to add left and right soft arrow buttons on the Playback screen to jump between notifications when you are in playback. And while they are at it they could add a dark strip or arrow pointer below the timeline as a visual marker on the timline to show when the notification event occurred.

Navigation of the timeline is an unacceptable user experience (UX) and really poor engineering, IMO.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Shortcut on the alerts/events playback for live view and recorded playback

This is on Wyze’s feature request tracker, and I’ve added your vote for it.

1 Like

Thank you! Tagging myself for notifs.

@ton[quote=“tony8, post:5, topic:5989”]
Tagging myself for notifs.
[/quote]

You don’t need to post to “tag yourself”. There’s a button under the last post that says Normal, Tracking or Watching. Click that button and you can change your notification settings for the topic. Each option is defined when you click the button.

I’ve moved the relevant posts over the Roadmap topic which covers this (see below). You should hop over there and vote for it if you want your vote to count. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the very top.