Playback event disappeared

So, someone knocked on my door while I’m gone and I can see the event recording of the situation but when I go through the playback so I can see more of it, the actual event is gone, like it got cut out of the video, you can even see the time stamp jumping from one minute to another. According to me this has never happened before, is it just a one time glitch or what could it be? I have a V3

Maybe the SD card is faulty?

Just yesterday I saw a cloud event and when I clicked to go watch it on playback with the SD card, I got an error that there was no SD card or event or something. So, I went to the device from the home screen and selected playback from there, and it worked correctly that time. You could be experiencing a similar bug.

Try the following: Look at the time of the event, then go to the home screen, click on the device there, then click on playback, then scroll back to date/time of that event and see if you can access it that way. It worked for me when I had a similar error happen. It really did record the event on my SD card, but for some reason the app had a bug in it that didn’t let me get there from the cloud event link as i used to be able to do.

2 Likes

Huh I didn’t even know that was supposed to be possible. I stopped trying to use SD cards and Wyze over a year ago because it was so unreliable for me.

Yeah, I often watch cloud events, then want to see more, so I’ll click on the “Playback” link at the bottom, and it will normally take me to the SD card’s continuous recording to watch everything there. This is especially useful for all cams not on Cam Plus, because the cloud is only a few seconds long and often I want to see more context and what happens afterward.

I just had a second can do the same thing…I press on Playback and it says there is no SD card, so I have to exit the event and go there manually. Once I verified that the SD card did indeed record the same event, I went back to the cloud event and tried again and this time it worked and sent me to the event on the SD card. Weird that it is being spotty like that recently. Sometimes it links over to the SD card (from the cloud events) and sometimes it doesn’t, even on the exact same camera. I’ll pay attention and see how often this happens and if there is any kind of pattern and maybe submit some logs for the devs. So far I noticed both a V2 and V3 do it. Though, come to think of it, both of those instances don’t have Cam Plus on them. I wonder if that makes a difference. I’ll try paying attention. I often blow off little issues like this until I notice it bothering someone else, then it sticks out in my mind and I’ll file logs to help out when I notice it too.

1 Like

Same, I have a V2 and I cannot look back, my camera is not continuously recoding even though its set to

That’s what I mean, I do that all the time but this time when I went to the playback the event is not there.
Example you can see on the playback the person walking around 12:33:34, by 12:33:35 it disappears and jumps to 12:34:54 and see the person walking away. And when you go to the event sección you can see the recording starting 12:34:35 until 12:34:53. See what I mean?

1 Like

This info is nothing new, but the type of card used really does, in my experience, make a big difference in reliability of playback. This is some old but proven info on cards:
High Endurance Cards:
It is very possible that your card is developing read/write problems. There is a lot of info on continuous recording that video cards like the ones in our cams are subjected to. Standard data cards are not designed for it and develop problems, and the cards sold by Wyze aren’t High Endurance cards. I switched several of my cams months age and a number of oddball problems went away. In regard to formatting the cards, best practice is to format the card in a laptop device using the program below and the Full or Deep option which will overwrite/repair any bad tracks which the camera option will not. Here are some resources:
Info on High Endurance Cards
High Endurance Cards
Memory card formatter