"Playback being used by other device." Anyone?

Has any received this message when attempting to use Playback?

2 Likes

If you have the Wyze app installed on multiple devices, then that message should appear when you try to call up playback on the same camera on 2 devices at once. You must completely back out of playback on one device to connect to it using a second device.

2 Likes

That happens to me every once in awhile if 2 people are watching the same video from a continuous recording. If you exit out, then only one person watches again then it should work like @Newshound described. Sometimes it even says it when I’m the only looking at the playback though too.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, but the app is installed on only one device and as far as I know, operates on only one wifi network. I restarted the app, logged out and logged in again several times only to receive the same message when accessing playback. Sometimes it works fine, other times the message appears. Perhaps it’s just a bug in the software?

1 Like

the app is installed on only one device and as far as I know

To be on the safe side, you may want to consider changing the Wyze account password. This type of message usually only appears if there is another person or device viewing the cam at the same time. It could be a bug as well.

2 Likes

I’ve had it happen to me when I watch sd recorded continuous playback and I jump to different times…I think it doesn’t keep up and think someone else is trying to access the sd playback as well and pops up the error.

4 Likes

That’s possible. So far I haven’t experienced anything like that.